<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Sunsplash....I Double Dog Dare You

Friday, July 18, 2014

Sunsplash....I Double Dog Dare You



Sunsplash is kinda like Birkenstocks. It never really goes out of style and is always effortlessly cool. I was telling my cousin Aubree as we walked into our work out at Orange Theory that I remembered one summer day we went to Sunsplash. I know we went to Sunsplash but the only thing burned into my memory of it was the fact that my Uncle David brought home red Squeeze-It's for us to drink afterwards while we were watching a movie. I thought that was awesome! Oh, and I was sunburned as usual.

Remember when there were only three blue slides and then the BONZI speed slides at Sunsplash? It was the coolest thing ever, and it still is.

My children are now in the golden school age years where Sunsplash is the epitome of summer fun. We have summer passes. We have been to Sunsplash in the past and every year it seems a new slide is added to the fun. I mean maybe not so much fun for Mom who has to LUG the giant rafts up 300 flights of stairs. At least I can count it as a workout. This summer Sunsplash did NOT disappoint. They added the new ride DOUBLE DARE.

I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU TO TRY IT.

I did.

Yup.

Let me tell you what it is like. My kids wanted me to go with them, I had a slew of their friends in tow and so I said...Ok. I mean I love a thrill. How hard could this be? We climbed the stairs and just as we were to the top the ride quit working. I was so sad. (Not really) Then it was fixed. I heard the countdown and then the nerves started rolling in my intestines. Or maybe that was the Iceberg Ice Cream Shake we had just shared. Probably a combo. Anyway...we reached the top and it was my turn next. Ellie hopped right into her tube. As you can see from the picture above you stand in this tube. There's a countdown and you are DROPPED. The bottom literally falls out from under you. The shock of it all feels like you have been Karate Chopped to the throat and not even a slight whimper can pass through your lips. Its more like a GGHHuuurghh sound. Forget screaming. Which is pretty much my go to reaction on rides like this one. I remember thinking this must be what it feels like when people jump off of buildings. What a dumb thing to do, accompanied with not being able to breathe. Or scream. Then water is rushing into your face and your pretty sure you had an out of body experience. Then GASP. You can breathe, you get up and you walk off. Almost like a deer that has been hit by a car. Your pretty sure the poor thing is dead, then it just hops up and runs off into the meadow. That's what it feels like. Yeah, so go enjoy that.

My nerves were fried and my body shook for about an hour. I am serious.

It sure didn't stop me from dragging that inner tube another 10 flights of stairs to ride down what we lovingly call the "toilet bowl." However, I think once down the Double Dare may be enough for this old girl.

Sunsplash last summer

Summer Fun XOXO The Sunny D


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home