<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: One Year Wiser.......?

Monday, September 8, 2014

One Year Wiser.......?

You're out of luck non-skaters

I have so many things I want to talk about. Like how school was cancelled today because of the 1000 year flood. I mean we received half our annual rainfall in a couple hours this morning. It was a sight to behold. 
Here was the park behind my house a couple hours after the rain finally stopped. I went about my rushed morning as usual. I got ready, the kids ready...ran to Fresh and Easy to get a co-worker some flowers for her birthday. I dropped the kids at their Dad's. The roads were totally flooded. Then I got the news that school was cancelled! WOOHOO. That has never happened ever, but people just couldn't get to work. Something really weird happened as I pulled into the school to get some work done for a couple of hours. There was a rat in the middle of the road hunched over as if it was enjoying a seed, its little hands to its mouth. Except it was dead. Like the poor little thing was totally caught off guard I bet it drowned mid bite, the way flash floods occur here. Maybe it was really nervously biting it's nails and overcome with rain storm anxiety. I hate when things catch me off guard like that. 

I am so annoyed one of my stupid fire alarms keeps beeping. ARGH. I just changed the batteries in one. I HATE THOSE THINGS. I just balanced two chairs on top of each other to unplug it. Now that is ninja stealth right there. Either that or stupidity. 

One Year Older and Wiser Too.......

So I had a birthday. I'm getting older and every year I age I feel certain things slip from my grasp. Like babies. I wanted more babies. Except, if I had a real opportunity to have more babies would I do it all over again? All those sleepless nights and running after them in sacrament meeting. Oh boy. My kids are the best ages EVER. I love them so much. Maybe I'll just wait to be a Grandma. Oh don't you just love to smell those babies and how their little bottom fits right in your hand. 

Life has just gotten better and better. I mean it is ASU football season. My birthday weekend started with a bang. My Dad bought me four ASU tickets for my BIRFDAY. I came home to a special delivery. My Mom had left a BIG present on my counter. 
a few of my dearest friends. 

With my FAVORITE and very beautiful sister. 

I worked Friday but was utterly SPOILED by my class and my sister had flowers delivered to my work it was so fun. I had my kids Friday night and we got the free meal at Joe's. It was yum. We saw a movie and the next morning I went to Vegas for 24 hours with Spanish Sassafras. That is a whole blog post in itself from our pit stop at Down East basics to our midnight run to In-N-Out and looking like Amish women even though we were both wearing black leather.
 We saw Ed Sheeran. He was amazing. Then we drove home. I can't find the other pictures!  We went to the fireside and afterwards my friend Gary and Spanish Sassafras threw a little party afterwards. I think everyone had a lot of fun. It was JUST PERFECT.  So it was an exciting weekend and I felt so loved. I have this great group of girlfriends boy do they make life great. So I am getting older but I feel like I am picking up the pieces of my lego house. To quote one of my favorite gingers. Oops I filmed it wrong. Here's Ed singing Lego house...


My life is full and beautiful. XOXO The Sunny D



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home