<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Gymsecurities and Miracles-Summer Series Day 3&4

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Gymsecurities and Miracles-Summer Series Day 3&4

I took this picture at a restaurant the other day. They had all of these herbs in terracotta pots and I felt as if I was transported somewhere...special and far away. Love.

Memorial Day was wonderful we spent the day at the pool and BBQing with my family. Spanish Sassafras came with her darling girls, it was a chill day. Just what the Dr. ordered.

Gymsecurities
I started my morning out at the gym. I met a friend at the cycle class. I think that this will be a good route to rehabing my knee. Some interesting things happened in my head as I went to the gym. I was SO insecure. I mean really out of my comfort zone which is weird because it isn't my first time in a gym. I had all of these reasons as to why I didn't belong there and it seemed like every Barbie in Gilbert was walking out as I was walking in. Literally, sparkling with sweat, perfect make up, size four Lulu Lemon darlings. My shirt was old and had a vague mildew scent, probably YEARS of sweat build up, no make-up, hair in a tight bun. I got there early and took a lap around the gym getting my barrings. I hopped on the treadmill to pass the time until class started. I was fighting a real battle in my head, thinking and comparing myself to others. It was a lose-lose situation.
I know what it feels like to be strong and in shape. I know what it feels like to compete to run races and to train and complete a marathon. So this new situation I find myself in..out of shape, is frustrating and I have nobody to blame but myself. However, that does not mean that I get permission to beat myself up about it! Or compare myself to others because I can honestly say that I have literally done my very best this last year and training for a marathon or hours of training sessions and calorie restrictions just weren't part of that plan. I have to give myself a pass and just say, "Hey, that is OK!" Here I am feeling pretty crummy but I go to the class anyway because I know that I will infinitely better afterwards. I get my bike and realize it is the wrong kind, you have to have special snappy shoes for it. So, I wheel it back and get a new one. I ask the instructor for pointers and how to get the seat just right and the handle bars. My friend comes in and sets up her bike and the class starts. I drink all of my water in the first 15 minutes and I am sweating a lot. Which...if you know me is a BIG deal because I don't sweat much. I have these intense loser feelings but I notice them and decide to knock it off. So, as we are heading to the middle of the class and I feel very close to barfing up my Corn Chex I realize that these are toxins leaving my body. I am working hard and then I look up to see myself in the mirror and I almost don't recognize the person on the bike because she looks just like everyone else in the class. In fact she looks strong and I am kind of surprised that I fit right in to the sea of people pumping their legs on those stationary bikes. Then, I start to be grateful that I have legs and my body can do this work! I picture every drop of sweat carrying fat cells out with them and my body reshaping and getting stronger. I give myself credit for trying and decide right then and there I will be back tomorrow. Class is over before I know it  and the stress that I was carrying is GONE plus, I am just another Gilbert girl getting her work out in as I walk out to my car. Gymsecurties.....gone.

It's Really a Miracle...For Reals

My phone works. THE RICE TRICK WORKED! HALLLLLLELUJAH! Someone up above loves me. I screamed with joy.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home