<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: We Do-Summer Series..Some Day in June I Have Officially Lost Track

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

We Do-Summer Series..Some Day in June I Have Officially Lost Track

When my Grandma died this past year the family split up her very large collections. She loved her garden and decorated it with love. There were traces of her Irish roots and whimsy. We received these two garden gnomes and for one of our summer time projects we repainted them and added them to our herb garden. (Which looks VERY thirsty by the way.)




One great thing this summer is I am not moving classrooms, schools, grade levels....Can I get a Hallelujah?! I did not realize what pressure this put on me each summer and it has been three years in a row doing one of these things or several. This summer is just, Summer. I LOVE it. 

A look at my day:

5:45- wake up take Ayder tater to swim team, drive home.
 Ellie my early bird is up with her crazy messy swirl of a blond tumbleweed bedhead. She gets a snack (toast or something) She gets ready for swim team and packs her change of clothes for summer school. 
6:45- Take Ellie to swim team
7:00- Either bring Aydan home or he waits for his sister.
8:00- meet kids at the free breakfast provided most school districts that surround us. YES!! I love it! Free breakfast and free lunch. We haven't hit up the free lunch yet. 
8:15- Drive groggy head kids to school and drop of Ells for summer school, say HI to my past students in summer school. 
  • Drive home.
  • Do some cleaning, or go to the gym, sometimes Aydan comes to the gym too. We enjoyed a spin class the other day with my friend Em. HE was AWESOME. I was super impressed. He was also starving afterwards...can't blame the kid! Swim team and then gym! We took the day off of the gym today. 
  • Or work on classes for second side gig
  • Pick up Ellie from school
  • Lunch at home
  • Chore for the day OH YES my friends we have a chore chart
The kids then have the afternoon for fun! We have been lucky our old neighbors are in town for a few weeks until they move to Italy. We have been hogging every second we can with them and boy do we miss them! They have played here or today I took the boys to VIP Airsoft to play and the girls and I went to the gym and relaxed at the pool. We met Em there with her girls and it was a delight! 

FREE ACTIVITY: GET AFTER IT.
Barnes and Noble Reading program...they have the forms in the store and all your child has to do is answer four measly questions. After they do that they can pick a book from any of the books listed FOR FREE!!! You don't have to buy one darn thing, although....who can pass up a good book? SIDE NOTE: Don't even TRY to use your Starbucks gift card there that a student so graciously gave you. NO. The Starbucks in the Barnes and Noble do not accept Starbucks gift cards. So that kind of annoyed me BUT good thing.... AJ's was around the corner. Giant diet coke for Mama and a brownie as big as your face for the kids. It made for a nice afternoon out of the heat. 

FREE BREAKFAST AND LUNCH AT ALL PARTICIPATING SCHOOLS IN MESA AND GILBERT. 

Has anyone else found any free or super cheap and fun activities to do with your kids this summer? IF SO..PLEASE share in the comments section! I for one would love to know! 

XOXO- WHO loves Summer???? ME. The Sunny D



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home