<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Yup

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Yup

The kids and I ran our neighborhood 5k it was so fun and a great way to start Thanksgiving.

Why are the only pictures I have of us on Thanksgiving are the ones BEFORE dinner where I don't have a STITCH of makeup on???Oh well who cares...

I feel like I have turned a corner, things have felt a little bit overwhelming for a while now but it as if the clouds have cleared and I have new lease on life. I am grateful. Very grateful. I have had many prayers answered.

And then there is this....You know how I am really good at reading fortune cookies? (Well if you read my post about Mom Jeans and Dating then you know how good I am at this) Check this out:
Last year I posted a few things I really wanted on my blog for Christmas. My siblings and a really sweet friend got me both of the things on my list. I was so humbled and a little embarrassed but since that happened last year I thought I'd just ask for what I'd like this year for Christmas. Also, because I received this fortune I am pretty sure I am going to get it! Now, I have always loved Mr. Darcy but my heart has also found a new love...Ross Poldark. So, if any of these fictional characters could arrive on time for the Christmas holiday I'd be quite thrilled. 

]
I was so fortunate to see Adele live this week. What a thrill! She is wonderful in concert and I enjoyed every second of it.

It was during the neighborhood Turkey Trot that I realized something...something pretty major...my kids will follow me. Most of the people only ran one mile of the race but I made my kids run two with me. They were NOT happy about it but they came. Can you see them back there? And here's the thing I realized that not just during the Turkey Trot but in everything they follow my lead. That is kind of a lot of pressure, you know? However, it made me want to be the best I could be for them because they are watching, learning, and following. So is my example a good one? I think so, I hope so, and I will keep working to be worthy of following. 

My not baked yet pumpkin pie and a cup of spicy herbal chi tea with a drop of almond milk. Yum. 
After a delicious dinner at my parents house we all went to see Moana. It was so good! 

The kids wrote their Christmas lists and then we did the usual burning them in the fireplace at Grandma and Grandpas. 

We decorated for Christmas, only a few ornaments made it on to the tree this year...

On my morning walk I spotted some of these sunflower weeds. I love these! I went over to take a picture. It has been a wonderful day. We cleaned the house and I took the kids separately to buy Christmas gifts for each other. I had a long luxurious lunch with some friends at the new Bar None group of stores and restaurants in my neighborhood. I tutored one of my students and baked a big yummy banana cake to frost and deliver to neighbors tomorrow. 



The sun shines on Sunny D again. It's about time. XOXO-The Sunny D




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home