<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: I Rock Mom Jeans and Dating

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

I Rock Mom Jeans and Dating

Before heading out to a friends birthday dinner in an effort to be social

Dating. 
The struggle is so real.
I am frustrated. Is it me, is them, is it a combination of the two? 
Who knows. 
What I know for sure is I rock Mom jeans. I mean I work so hard in those Mom jeans that in an effort to get out one evening, to be social....
I literally fell asleep on my friends floor and they made a snap chat of me. This is the quintessential problem in my life. I am working so incredibly hard that I am finding it difficult to meet people to go on dates because I am EXHAUSTED. I was a much more successful dater when I taught preschool because I had Monday and Friday off. I was able to devote some energy into dating but now.....now, I fall asleep on my friends floor in my Mom jeans at 9pm. 

When I do go out....

Dating Effort #1
Like last night for instance I went to a fireside, I met some nice people there. There was one guy that I thought was cute. As we were talking though I found out he was in a multi level marketing company and invited me to the Tuesday night meeting. UH no thank you. Later that evening a friend in my ward called me to let me know that she was SURE he was interested in me as he was following me as I was helping clean up. I told her that I was pretty sure he just wanted someone to come to his MLM meeting and I made it very clear that I would in no uncertain terms EVER be involved in a MLM again in my life as I had been there and done that. 

Dating Effort #2
So then I think well since I don't have time maybe I will try online dating. Here is an excerpt from a text conversation I had the other day. Let's just say when he started to talk about horoscopes and anthropology as being linked I pretty much checked out, here is how the text conversation went...I would post the picture but this guy's phone number is at the top and I would feel bad having that on here. 

Leo's are fun and affectionate
How do you even know this stuff?
Ha Ha I read a lot and love observing people and anthropology
What does anthropology and horoscopes have in common?
I am a little nerdy although I am rugged around the edges (I am thinking...huh????)
Ah, well one of the gifts is seeing connections, anthropology is just studying history, people and habits.
It's strange but horoscope can be accurate for personality in my experience.
What do you enjoy reading?
Fortune cookies, I have found they can be extremely accurate. It's so weird like the other day I received one that said I would be receiving a special surprise and when I got home there was a delivery from Amazon Prime!!!

And you know maybe this is why I don't go on dates. I just can't do it, I can't be fake, I can't go on a date with a guy I'm not actually interested in to "just see." Because then you get snarky fortune cookie for reading material Dior. 

I have SEVERAL friends who have met their boyfriends and husbands on Tinder. Tinder has a reputation for being a hook up site but maybe that's changing? So I gave it a try, here is what happened.
I'm doomed. DOOMED. Creepy chin/chest man. 

So I am literally at a loss just living my mom wearing jean life and working my tail off. I am giving an effort to go to activities here and there to meet new friends and that is the best I can do because pretty much I am at a total loss in the dating department. It is frustrating and I am sure I am not the only one. Help! Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? One of my problems is I am not an aggressive woman, I kind of figure if someone wants to go on a date they will ask me, right? So I have been whole heartily involved in work and my children but I feel that I need an adult social life too and maybe am going about it all wrong? Who knows. Clearly I don't. 


XOXO- It is October Break so all of a sudden I have a WHOLE week to think about dating or lack thereof. Awesome. -The Sunny D





2 Comments:

At October 11, 2016 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Lolly said...

I hear you! You're doing awesome just going to activities! The Scottsdale fhe's are usually pretty good, if you're wanting to try something between a fireside and a scary online date. Haha. The last online date I went on tried to feel me up for 2 hours during a movie while I squirmed and removed his hands. I'm still mad I didn't slap him and leave.

 
At October 12, 2016 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Rosalyn Francis said...

Oh I love this! You are witty and so refreshing to read! Wish we could sit in a comfy room under cute throws and chat it up again. 💜

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home