<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Pokemon Go

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Pokemon Go



Circa 1992. I was fifteen years old my baby brothers and sister gathered around me as I furiously played to beat Super Nintendo's the Legend of Zelda. I worked feverishly through each level and eventually conquered the game. My little brothers eyes shined in amazement at my grand accomplishment. This adoration lasted for about ten minutes.

There is something about Pokemon Go that brings that nostalgia back to me. Maybe it's the feeling of the hunt. Essentially playing Pokemon Go is just like the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Every time I find a new Pokemon it is like I have just unwrapped the golden ticket. The quest for Pokemon...the ultimate treasure.

My children and I have spent the last week walking around playing the game. This is the beauty of this particular game it combines exercise! Genius!! It has given the three of us something to do together and bond. Every time we are at a public park walking around to poke stops, gathering our supplies, and catching Pokemon we meet new friends.

There is a unity about this game that I haven't felt in a LONG time. A real community of Pokemon players, cheering each other on, sharing tips, bonding over the hunt. It doesn't matter if you are young, old, fat or thin. It doesn't matter what ethnicity you are or your I.Q. everyone is included in the game. My kids and I have talked to so many different people, it is wonderful. We are seeing first hand that the world is GOOD, people are GOOD. Even if it is some silly game bringing people together...who cares! Isn't that refreshing considering the state of the world? A game that gets people out of their houses in 113 degree heat and talking in person. I think it is great.

Almost as great as beating Zelda.

XOXO- The Sunny D...Letting my Freak Flag Fly.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home