<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Summer's Pearls

Monday, July 25, 2016

Summer's Pearls


An Arizona Sunset......some of the best in the world


Pearls. 

The blessing of being alive gives us many gifts. These gifts I like to call pearls. The pearls are the good things: people, experiences, learning or AHA! moments. In order for us to recognize these pearls we need to be awake in our life and fully present. I have been thinking about my pearls from the last year and things I love and have learned. This summer has been a summer of pearls. It has been a summer of rest, renewal, pondering, and full of the things I love the most. Could that be any sweeter?  

A few things I love the most.

Getting an A. There is nothing I love more than receiving a hard earned A in a class. I have so many past, emotional road blocks and feelings attached to grades. So when I have a chance to take a class and earn an A it reminds me that I AM smart and capable. I still have to overcome test taking anxiety even at the ripe old age of 38. I have learned it is OK to ask for more time, to not compare yourself with your neighbor who turns their test in five minutes after you begin, and to trust my first answer. TO BREATHE. I know for a fact I was given this specific personal road block because through it I have enabled HUNDREDS of children to get over their own anxieties about school. HIP HIP HOORAY for teacher summer courses. In the moment they seem cumbersome but when I look closely there are many beautiful lessons. 



Friends and Adventures

Without these two things life would just be boring. I was so fortunate this year to make some new great friends at work. My friend Laura and I just got back this morning at 2 AM. Yes. TWO AM. We went to the beach where the rip tide was so fierce a life guard called on a loud speaker across the beach to not get in the water past your waist. It was too dangerous and you could be pulled out to sea. Wow. We stood at the edge of the ocean and inched our way in only to be taken out several times by waves. Then next thing you knew a wave had scooped you up and knocked you on your rear. We laughed and laughed. The next day we went to Balboa Island where we rented SUP boards. We paddled around the island in pristine water that was almost glass like. What an adventure! The bottom picture is just before we rented the boards. I kept thinking as I was on the water to soak this up, breathe in the heavily salted air, feel the sun on my shoulders, the friendly passerby on boats or boards. It was a delectable experience. The water was cold and refreshing.  

Well.......poop. Another adventure with friends to Ross.

Friends make life sweeter. I love meeting friends for dinner and talking. Is there anything better than meeting with and spending time with loving friends. I don't think there is. It has been a summer filled with friendly dinners...another pearl. 

Books.

Could the summer be complete without books? I love to read. I love it. I devoured books this summer. Another pearl.

Family.

My family is one of my greatest treasure's. I already put our summer vacation on here but there isn't anyone I would rather spend time with than them. Pearls.

This morning I woke up and unloaded my car, unpacked my bags, cleaned my bathroom, took my car to the car wash, stopped by Sheri's house to say hi, ran to the store for milk, picked up my work clothes all ready and pressed at the dry cleaners, rented some movies at red box, got a giant ice cold polar pop..I would say that it has been a delicious day. I am meeting my Mom and sister at 7:30 for a planning/pokemon hunting meeting, for reals. Simple. Happy. Productive. I love summer. 


XOXO  The Sunny D- Summer is delicious! 








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home