<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Item No. 5-California Summer 2019

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Item No. 5-California Summer 2019


On the way to California we stopped at the outlets. We did a little school shopping and I found the MOM jeans. WHEW! Thank goodness for that, it makes it easy for me to shop.

I made Ellie try sushi....you can't REALLY call it sushi since it was a California Roll from Pei Wei. She wasn't a fan. 



Day 2- We got up, had breakfast and went to Surf School. We attended the Clint Carroll Surf School which was really great. Our instructor was named George and I would definitely use them again. They were so good to us. 








I had the kids try Dim Sum...I wouldn't recommend this place. The soup dumplings were good and that is about it. 




We saw Toy Story 4, it was great! Tuesday morning was cold and rainy and so going to the beach was out and that is what we wanted to do. We changed plans...we found a yuuuummy breakfast place on Yelp called the Rooster Cafe. It was so cold to us....we got a Mexican Hot Chocolate to share. It was delicious. Aydan had been talking about a breakfast burrito all week and that is what he ordered, Ellie ordered pancakes, and I had french toast. It was a really fun place and I would go back for sure! 





Then we headed to the Newport Temple and did baptism's for the dead. 
You can't see but my kids were distracted on the way in by the rollie pollies and were catching them. 




After the Temple we went to The Getty. They had a great exhibit that highlighted beasts in medieval art. It was very interesting. 




The kids were interested in the first exhibit but the others......they were bored and Ellie said she didn't want to see any more naked people. .....Oh Art! 

Then Aydan really wanted to go to the Supreme store. The Groves was right up the road so we stopped there for dinner. 
 They had a Laudree's at The Groves! We each ordered a macaroon and they were delicious! I was happy to let my kids taste one.


We then went to Balboa and had Balboa bars....so yummy! I rented a couple SUP boards and we paddle boarded. It was so fun! 







After paddle boarding we went to Ruby's for a lunch/dinner. It was so fun sitting right there. We were going to drive home but it was such a lovely day that we decided to go to the beach for a few hours before heading home.


THE WAVES WERE HUGE. 



I let my hair just go wavy and Aydan kept calling Beachy Mama. It made me laugh. 

We left the beach at 6 and drove home Wednesday night. Our trip was so fun. I love these kids. This age is such a fun one. I love that we get to do stuff together. 
















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home