<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Horseshoe Bend Obstacle Course Race

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Horseshoe Bend Obstacle Course Race


If you could for just one moment take a second to focus on that vein in my neck. It is my Incredible Hulk moment. On Good Friday I went on an adventure with one old dear friend and a new friend. We had signed up to run the Horseshoe Bend Obstacle race. I want you to look at the sandy floor. We ran through that..for five miles and obstacles. It was really difficult. However, it was fun and I was happy to be outside in nature. I just kept telling myself this is like RECESS ALL morning!  I was happy to be healthy so that I could run this race. I had been fighting respiratory issues all winter. It was so annoying! I wasn't in the shape I wanted to be in to run this race but I had started to get my cardio program into gear. I had been hiking, running, and biking. This is me being present for me. It is not easy to do. In order for me to show up for myself it has to be a planned, deliberate practice. I have been focusing on this for several months now. This race wasn't a PR a race it was a can I actually finish this race, race. I did. With the help of Laura and Amy and I was happy. 
I can't believe that I had never seen Horseshoe Bend with my own eyes and I am an Arizona Native! It is really beautiful. I kept wishing I had a paddle board so I could go down and swim around in it. I went with Laura and Amy. I was so exhausted I literally slept the whole drive there in the back seat. It was heavenly. 


Note: It costs $10 to get into Horseshoe Bend AND it is probably not a good idea to wear sandals as it is a short hike but quite sandy. 

Racing. 

We ran with this awesome group that Laura is a part of...a whole bunch of super kind Yogi's. One downfall to the race there were some seriously weird obstacles. One was four big tube slides that we had to climb up or run up a hill and then slide down. The last tube was extra long and I shot out of it like a bullet right onto my ample bottom. I am pretty disappointed as I feel like my rump should have saved me but it did not. I have done something pretty painful to my tailbone. It hurts to sit, and then stand up after sitting, or when I am sitting and sneeze its pretty unbearable. It was the one moment where I thought to myself...maybe I am too old for this stuff. Then, I stopped myself and realized that I wasn't too old the thought that I was too old was old. Actually running races like this....keeps me young. 

We had to stop for some PRETTY rings. 



The inside of my shoe after the race....You should have seen what was in my sock. 

It was so nice to have an adventure to look forward to. I find that for me that is important. It keeps me going. Tonight I made some personal physical goals they will not be easy especially with the Arizona heat upon us but I am determined. 




XOXO- The Sunny D




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home