<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: I Wonder How it's Going to be......

Sunday, January 27, 2019

I Wonder How it's Going to be......

So the year was 1997 or so...I have vivid memories of singing Third Eye Blind at the top of my lungs the Suzuki Samurai was packed with nineteen and twenty somethings. It was amazing. I was with my cousin Aubree and my friend Will and his friends. Will would later marry my best friend but I didn't know that at the time. I remember my Aunt Patti saying to Aubree and I excitedly one night, "This is the best time of your lives!" I remember thinking gosh I hope not! But now looking back I know what she means life as it progresses presents an unlimited supply of challenges. To be 19 again. To have someone cook for me, clean for me, and pay the bills! If I had only known the heaps of responsibility coming my way coupled with the heaps of joy only struggle brings. I saw an ad that Third Eye Blind was going on tour with Jimmy Eat World. Jimmy Eat World is a local band that rose to stardom in the 1990's. Somehow, because we all grew up in Mesa, Arizona we were intrinsically tied to the band. 
Oh man and the Third Eye Blind front man Stephan Jenkins was SUCH a hunk! Wasn't he like the epitome of cute guys at the time? I think it only fair that he get to have a Facebook challenge picture. I mean since he is touring and SINCE I pretty much need to see this show I need to know what to look forward to....
Oh dear. OH DEAR. My Aunt Patti was right THIS was the best time of our lives for me, Aubree and apparently Stephan. I mean this guy once dated Charlize Theron! I remember when Patti said that I thought but soon we will get to get married and have babies! Can I give my 19 year old self a little side eye right now? 

I saw that Target has some new mannequins. Does anyone else think mannequins are freaky? Has anyone else seen the Twilight Zone episode in the department store where the mannequins come to life? It's super creepy. The stuff nightmares are made of. Anyway, I have realized from seeing the mannequins at Target that number one the nineties are here to stay as the style is back in full force. Number two, I must applaud Target for having mannequins that look like me. It's like they scream, YES YOU! EVEN YOU can still wear these cool 90's clothes in your 2019 forty-something body. The mannequins are at least a size 10 and I thought...it is about time we got some McDonald's American sized mannequins around here! It was awesome! 

Let normal sized girls in every Target let out a cheer! Including me. Then there was this Target swimsuit ad and the lady in it was like my age and THICK like normal sized and super hot spinning around in a one piece swimsuit looking extra saucy. Heck to the yes. Target take all of my money. Oh, wait......you already do. That dang dollar spot gets me every time with their teaching supplies and now I'll be buying all of my clothing and swimwear there. 

So I think it only fair that I now age shamed Stephan that I age shame myself. I did not participate in the Facebook challenge. But I will make my own 1997 to today challenge. Here goes nothing.

Aubree and I circa 1997 look at her waist!! DANG girl! I am pretty sure my whole outfit is from Old Navy and notice....Birkenstocks. Birkenstocks forever. 

CLEARLY I haven't aged. HA. I love how old people say...age is just a number. I mean it kind of is a number but it kind of is also your age. You know?

So what have I learned by taking a trip down memory lane? I had a great childhood. I always held a firm belief that life would just get better and better. In many ways that is true and in many ways 1997 was a magical time. A time of new found freedom. I have realized that I need to drive more often with the windows down and the music playing. I need to let the sun shine on my skin. I need to revel in the joy of being a woman. That 1997 is still in there packed in my heart and I need to let that girl OUT sometimes. And Birkenstocks for me......will always be in style. 


XOXO- I wonder how it's going to be, when you don't know me. The Sunny D







1 Comments:

At February 8, 2019 at 5:05 PM , Blogger Laura said...

I love the way you say things. Thanks for making me think of those fun 1990’s. :))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home