<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Twenty-Six Cents

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Twenty-Six Cents

I bet this is going to make you feel really jealous about teaching second grade. The kids each get their own meal worm, which turn into a pupa, and then hatch into a beetle. The kids were laughing at the beetles in their cup...they are mating. They don't know this....as they are second graders. I told them they were playing leap frog and then we let allllll the beetles go outside, during a fire-drill because I had the dish in my hand when the alarm went off and ran outside forgetting that I was holding it. I guess it was a win-win. 

I feel like Christmas Break is a long ago dream, but that can't be right it is still January! Work has been insanely busy and I feel I have put 110% into each day. There have been a lot of deadlines and testing to be scored on top of the usual grades. Do you ever just feel dead inside because you are so busy with work, church, and children? Bone tired. Last night I crashed at 5pm and didn't wake up until 5am this morning. I need an adventure something to look forward to. Tonight I went to yoga and had a cupcake that counts as a little adventure....right? 

So often I feel the weight of my responsibilities they can be heavy and the days are very long. Yesterday, I checked my bank account and guess what the balance was? Twenty-six cents. You know I could look at that and be sad but the truth is I was happy it was still in the positive! You see I have had my children a lot lately and the food bill is crazy! But I love it. I love having my kids here. I wasn't sleeping so well but the kids came home and I settled right down. I love them. The  account balance may seem a little sad but I made a Costco run, the bills are all paid, and I have all the things I need. I think sometimes a twenty six cent balance makes you acutely aware just how much you rely on Heavenly Father for help. For instance, yesterday my tire was low on air. I was scrounging in the car for $1.50 to pay for the air pump to air up my tire. I pulled into QT and guess what? The air was FREE! FREE air! I know that doesn't seem like much but I knew it was a blessing just for me. I worked a full day and then on my way home from school I was worrying about how I was going to pay for Ellie and I to get into Aydan's wrestling match. It is only $8, but as a single mom teacher that adds up every week! I mean twenty-six cents won't cut it. Just as I was worrying about how this was going to work out...Aydan called me and they didn't have anyone in his weight class for him to wrestle! I was sad to not go to see him wrestle he has just really come into his own the last few matches and begun to dominate on the mat. However, I knew it was a little blessing just for me. I ended the day happy for the simple things. I live a good life and I am blessed in my efforts. This morning I had to be in Phoenix for an awards ceremony for one of my sweet students. I entered an essay into a contest and she took second place and a $75 prize. There was a big breakfast celebration at the downtown ASU campus. I was worrying about how Ellie would get to school and THEN I remembered that it was the 6th grade field trip which her Dad had volunteered to go with her and would take her to school with him. Do you see? Everything just works out and it can't just be by chance. There's too many good things and I am not THAT lucky. I am full of gratitude and I am also glad to know that I don't always have to control every single little thing. Things work out. 

That's my twenty-six cents worth! XOXO- The Sunny D







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home