<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Ellie turns 8

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Ellie turns 8


My darling girl. How is it you are already eight? The years have escaped me so quickly it seems like a blur. She is a beauty. 

When I was pregnant with Ellie my left leg would fall asleep all of the time, random times my hip to toes. I told the doctor I thought it was weird. He wasn't too concerned but I felt as if she was sitting right in my hip and would hit a nerve at times. I began to get a varicose vein in that leg which like most women called for a set of compression hose. Hip to toe, in the heat of Arizona. However, the relief I received from those compression garments outweighed the discomfort. No fail every night as I laid my head to sleep she would begin a gymnastics routine in my belly. I knew this baby inside me would have spunk. 

As I was nearing the end of the pregnancy and the baby's due date approaches the Dr. appointments increase. I was at one of these appointments when the Dr. realized she was breech. He made an appointment for her to be turned in the hospital a week or so later. While there, we had a routine ultrasound and were informed that the cord was around her neck three times and she would be arriving that day via emergency c-section. I was nervous and just wanted her healthy. I also thought, AHA! That is why my left leg has been having all of these problems! 

Shortly after her arrival the nurse weighed and measured her. 6 pounds 5 ounces, then the length. The nurse measured her and said, "Oh, my she might be a midgit." I said, What? She said she is measuring really small. My Mom, also arrived at precisely that minute and said, "You didn't stretch her out!" She walked over to Ellie stretched her out and she measured 18.5 inches. She was little but she was also between 5-6 weeks early. She was perfect in every way. We were in the hospital for 5 days. She wanted to be snuggled right up next to me. She was most calm and happy when she was right at my side and it is still this way today. She is my snuggler, constantly sneaking into my bed at night. I can't tell you how many times I wake up in the morning and Ellie is in my bed too. I love it. 

Ellie is
sweet
spunky
full of life
strong
athletic
loves her brother
falls asleep right at 8:30 no matter where she is
early riser
sweet tooth waffle and donut lover
hard worker
loves big cats
diligent
kind
nurturer
loving
funny
great laugh
sparkly eyes
sunshine streamer hair
my baby
SPUNK








Her Brother's Greatest Champion












This is true for Aydan and Ellie. They are each other's greatest champion. 

Athletic
When she was about two we were playing at the park. I looked over to Ellie at the bar and she was in the middle of doing about 20 pull ups. I AM NOT KIDDING!!! This girl is sweet AND strong.  

Creative



This is a Jesus mask she made during conference....

pretzel heart

Big cat lover...it isn't uncommon to find animals all over her room and the play room set up in various scenarios



She loves to read
Dress Up...I think she was a cat for Halloween for three years in a row.




Hello Kitty suit with her BFF, literally for life..with Liv. She loves Liv like she is a sister. 


I love you my girl. You make me proud every day. Having this little girl in my life saved me from some very difficult times. Her spunk and spark, her happiness and sweetness made getting up each day during those dark periods worth it. My little angel. Now, I just get to enjoy the wonderful girl she is. I have learned so much from her. I can't wait to see how she grows, she is a wonder! 


XOXO- I love my girl. Happy Birthday Ellie 2015.


















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home