<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Full Speed Ahead......

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Full Speed Ahead......

I headed to my beloved Usury Pass for a run after school. 

I took a picture of myself without makeup on and sent it to my friends. My skin was totally broken out. I couldn't even believe it. I mean the worst. I had a huge canker sore in my mouth and was absolutely exhausted. I was cranky and unhappy and my tank was on zero. When the familiar quote my Grandma said to me once ran through my brain...No one will take care of you but you. I realized I had not been taking care of myself. Everything from diet, exercise, cleaning...everything had sat on the back burner as I zoomed children here or there. I planned lessons for school and church or went to work for the day. Things needed to change and so slowly they have been. 

We cleaned out the closets and had a garage sale Saturday! Wow! What a big job, but the kids helped SO much. Ellie had garage sale on the brain all last week as we spent every evening tackling another room or closet to clean out. She sat straight up in bed Thursday morning when she woke up and said, "Mom, on Friday after school we need to set the tables up in the garage for the sale. We need to have them all ready and put out the signs." Oh man, I would have thrown in the towel on this hair brained garage sale idea if it wasn't for her enthusiasm. My children driven to work and help by the hope of making some pocket money! We had a great turn out and the best part is our garage is CLEAN! 


The missionaries showed up around ten am on Saturday with a great friend of mine and picked ALL the weeds in my side yard. What a job! They did it in 15 minutes. I was amazed it would have taken me hours. What a blessing! I am so thankful. I was feeling so much stress lifted by my house being cleaned out, organized, garage clean and yard weeded. I felt that built up pressure start to lift as these things were accomplished. Several months of running all over on Saturdays to games, trying to grab groceries, run errands in between games had left our home a mess. Now, it was starting to shape up and be the way I liked it to be. In ONE Saturday! YAY. 

I evaluated my life and realized there were some major things missing. The first thing I decided was it was high time to cook dinner every night. I had been running full speed from work to take kids to practices that we had gotten in to the habit of grabbing meals on the go. It was time for me to buckle down and cook real meals. I started that last week and I think everyone is happier. The kids help and we get to talk and enjoy each others company. 

I realized that I needed my regular workouts. They help relieve my stress. I also decided that I would have the kids come with me for half my run. They could run with me, or ride a bike, scooter or long board. We all needed the sunshine and time away from the TV. We are all happier. Today the kids are at their Dad's. I came home took off for a run and what joy I felt as my ponytail whipped back and forth on the back of my head. I couldn't help smiling as I went along. 



I love running on the white line that separates the bike lane and car lane. I do it all the time. I even run on it during races. If there aren't any cars of course. 

There's a spot on my way home that has dandelions. I always pick one and make a wish. It's a good way to end my run. I have been going to bed early, drinking more water, and just being more kind to myself in general. Guess what, my skin is clearing up and I feel happy. 

What I need to feel less stress:

1. Clean house
2. Home Cooked Meals
3. Exercise
4. Down time with my kids
5. Early Bed Time
6. Noting the things I am grateful for along my day
7. Time to meditate and read or listen to uplifting books, magazines, talks etc.

XOXO- Sometimes happiness is a conscious choice we make every day. -The Sunny D






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home