<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: The Struggle is Real..Thoughts Running in My Head

Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Struggle is Real..Thoughts Running in My Head



Single Ladies Father's Day Cruise...more on that later. 


Basically anyone can get married to each other now. I am a Latter Day Saint otherwise known as a Mormon. I don't think it is a secret where I stand on families. Or the fact that I didn't even know what LGBT even meant until a few years ago when my friends husband left her for another man when she was pregnant. She laughed at me when I asked what that acronym meant. Where I stand on this hot button issue is I am not going to pretend I understand what it is like to be LGBT. Or even what it would be like to be a member in the LDS church and be LGBT. What I want to say is I'll be your friend. I won't judge your struggles if you won't judge mine. I think we can both agree that there is enough hurt in this world so let's be nice to each other and help each other on our way through this struggle we call life. That is all I am going to say about that. 

Oh except.....I would also really like a tax break instead of being PUNISHED for being a single parent. OK. I didn't choose to be single and now every year I owe thousands of dollars to the government. Is there something we can do about this? I elect this to be the next hot-button issue. Can someone look at my finances fairly and see that I am actually supporting two children but am only allowed to claim one? Or that the beautiful home I once owned and loved I couldn't afford anymore and now don't own a home so there is another ding in the deductions. Or how about starting an at home business for a tax break? When? I would like someone to look at my schedule fairly and tell me WHEN I could squeeze another job into my day while still being the Mom I want to be. Or maybe you could look at the twelve year old car that I drive with 250,000 miles on it and tell me why I shouldn't get a tax break? I vote this as the next BIG ISSUE. SINGLE PEOPLE DESERVE TAX BREAKS TOO. SINGLE PEOPLE TAX EQUALITY! 

Here is a real struggle......
All I really want is to see MY name on a Coke bottle. Dior. Is that too much to ask? Let's make this happen Coke. Also, my friend Mary has never once seen her name on a Coke bottle. There is Jesus....but shouldn't there be Mary? I mean...she IS the MOTHER of Jesus. My friend Tamara agrees, she would also like to see her name on a Coke bottle. Except, Coke could just put Spanish Sassafras and we would all agree that counts as Tamara. According to this picture BORT gets his own bottle....I have never met anyone named BORT, EVER! Come on COKE! THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!! 

Dating. The STRUGGLE IS SO REAL. A friend of mine has recently broken up with her long time beau. It has brought back to the surface old hurts. Wounds have been re-opened and she is left licking them back to health. I think it is our duty as we date to protect those that we are dating. We have to be kind because putting yourself out there takes courage. I think especially if we know what broke up a marriage...like infidelity we must be extra cautious to not repeat that with someone we are dating. Be honest! It brings up the past and none of us want to live in the past. To my friend, you know we (you know who WE are) are here for you. We love you! I also want to say do not lose your trust in men. There are so many great men out there! We all have imperfections and none of us are perfect but that doesn't mean that your perfect match isn't out there. Don't give up on men and your girls have your back. 

Last night as I climbed my stairs to bed and I lay down I thought that even though there are struggles..tax struggles, car struggles, dating struggles, your name not on a Coke bottle struggles, political struggles it's ok. It will all be ok. I thought how happy I was that it was summer and could watch six episodes of Botched on DVR. That show is CRAZY. I thought how nice it is to go to the gym at 10am. I thought how happy I was that the scratching I heard in the attic wasn't a roof rat or some other terrible critter after an exterminator came to inspect. I was so happy to be with my kids every day. I was happy I could make a dinner that wasn't rushed. I was happy I could have friends over to eat at my table and enjoy their company. I was happy that I had such a great family and wonderful friends. I was happy, I am happy even if there are struggles. 

XOXO-The Sunny D 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home