<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Ellie's Baptism

Monday, May 25, 2015

Ellie's Baptism


My beautiful girl. My sister took her baptism photos and did such a great job. I am so grateful for Morgan's many talents! 






Ellie was baptized Saturday, May 23 at 9am. It was attended by family and friends. She was baptized by her Father and the baptism was witnessed by both of her Grandfathers. Talks were given by Mema Rosanne about baptism and Mema Rosemary about the Gift of the Holy Ghost. A special musical number was performed by her and her Tidwell cousins. We had Bosa donuts and milk right afterwards. I was so proud of Ellie for her choice to be baptized. She turned 8 in February and we were patiently waiting on a few things so her Dad could baptize her. It was a special day for both of them. She was anxious to be baptized! 

In our church when we are baptized we make covenants with Heavenly Father. A covenant is a sacred promise we make with Heavenly Father. Here is what we promise and what Heavenly Father promises us through baptism. 
When I was baptized I made a covenant to take upon me the name of Jesus Christ and to serve Him and be obedient.
Heavenly Father has given me the Holy Ghost. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I can be forgiven of my sins when I repent. If I keep my baptismal covenant, I can return to live with Him.
A girl taking the sacrament bread
When I take the sacrament, I renew my covenant to take upon me the name of Jesus Christ, to always remember Him, and to obey His commandments. When I do this, I can feel the Holy Ghost guiding me.

It is a wonderful blessing to be baptized and given the gift of the Holy Ghost. There are many times in my life that I have recognized the gentle promptings of the Holy Ghost and many times he has rushed to my aid to give me comfort and peace. As Ellie's Mom I am so glad she can have this blessing too. 

This is a font dress that was sewn by her Aunt Betsy Tidwell. All of the little girls have been baptized in this dress. 


Tidwell cousins practicing for the special musical number with Grandma Tidwell

Waiting to be baptized


Going with her Dad to the font

After her baptism



I am so grateful for baptism. I am grateful my children have mad the choice themselves to be baptized. Ellie's baptism was lovely. 

XOXO- The Sunny D






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home