<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: All I Ever Needed to Know About Love I Learned From Nicholas Sparks

Saturday, April 25, 2015

All I Ever Needed to Know About Love I Learned From Nicholas Sparks

The Longest Ride

  • Swimming in a pond is necessary to solidify your relationship
  • I love Cowboys
  • Every girls dream is for a man to love her and only her, that true pure love
  • Fine Art and Cowboys are a perfect match
  • Sometimes you have to love someone enough to let them go and hope they come back
  • Maybe good smart girls win a really kind good smart guy in the end
  • Bring flowers, ask her on a real date....plan something, take the lead..be a MAN...Are there men like this out there? 
  • You should collect fine art
  • Girls should act like girls
  • It is much better to be kind than a jerk, being a jerk always loses
  • Men, set up a picnic and a fire and bring good food...win-win
  • The forties had the best clothes and dresses
  • Problems get resolved and people still love each other
  • Love grows deeper with time
  • Love letters are necessary
  • Love isn't always easy
  • If you get invited to an art show by the old guy in the rest home that you have been reading his love letters to, you should go. Because the man you love will probably be invited also and all of your problems will magically be solved.
  • It is important to surprise your wife with the things she loves. Like Art. 
I watch Nicholas Sparks movies and they do something to me. They pretty much suck the life out of me like a dementor. Mostly because I cry a lot in those movies. The really ugly cry like the hopeless romantic loser cry. My friend said it best tonight, "Maybe I screwed up my one good chance to have a love like the love in "The Longest Ride." Inside I agreed but I didn't want to give up hope that maybe true love still exists somewhere out there for me and my friends. However, that hope is dim. Really Dim. Then I try to tell myself this is not real, it is a movie it is fiction. But how come inside I hope it isn't? Why do I still think maybe someone might love me like that again? Like carry me over the threshold of our brand new yellow house with white trim. Why is there a big black hole of sorrow in my chest when I watch movies like this? I think the problem lies in the fact that I hope but I don't believe. And that is probably the problem, I just don't care anymore. But then there is that black hole that feels like maybe I do care because it hurts in that big black hole. 

And then I remember that Nicholas Sparks is getting a divorce. So what does he know anyway about lasting love? 


XOXO- Debbie Downer.......Sorry. The Sunny D




1 Comments:

At April 26, 2015 at 5:56 AM , Blogger hola said...

It's okay that all the others didn't work out... You only need one. (At least that's what I'm telling myself. ;)) love you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home