<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: The Philosopher

Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Philosopher


Now. 

There's a philosophy I can really get behind. My brain always stops working in those EXACT situations. 

One more day until spring break. My class is like the crazy monkeys in the movie Jumanjii. You think I am kidding. I am not. It takes great skill and patience to teach anything this week. We are all a bit squirrly. I have been running more frequently and I have noticed some issues in my hips and IT band as I run. These are not new problems just problems that happen because I don't stretch. Anyway, after my race a few weeks ago I decided to get into my sports massage therapist to help loosen my hip/IT bands. The appointment was for today at four and I anxiously awaited it all week. 

It was like a carrot dangling over the THURSDAY to get me through this hard week and finally it had arrived! 

Then I received a call stating my massage therapist had the flu. I felt the wind let out of my sails. BUT, the lady said we can give you a massage today for free and a sugar foot scrub. 

FREE? 

FREE.

Now you are speaking my language. Okay, I agreed. 

She informed me that this would not be the same as the sports therapy which I understood. I was just happy to still get a massage. It was a massage therapist I had never met and I didn't have a reference for. I am kind of leery about massage therapists however, beggars can't be choosers. I headed over to Massage Envy for my appointment. 

The therapist who greeted me looked oddly familiar. Yes, in fact, I quite knew who he was. Except his name wasn't Shaggy but he sure looked like him.



Let's just say as far as massages go my eight year old daughter could have rubbed my shoulders better. Not only that.... I got a lesson in Eastern Philosophy. Yay. 


As I lay there hoping the massage would end Shaggy began to tell me about his horrible high school experience and then began to expound on his beliefs. I asked if he was Buddhist? He said no, I study all eastern philosophy. This teacher was about to get schooled and I could tell that Shaggy really felt like he was teaching me something. He said, "For instance, what makes a room a room?" (Was I supposed to answer this question? ) He then said, the windows and doors make a room otherwise everything is just space. I was so confused. Then I asked him if he had ever travelled to any Asian countries to learn more about them. To which he replied, "I do not have to travel to learn about other countries I only leave my doormat and travel around town and then end on my doormat." HUH? I thought. I could tell he really felt he was on to something. To which I replied, well I just like to travel because it is fun. I also wondered if Shaggy had a side gig writing fortunes for fortune cookies. I also learned that people have feet that smell like corn chips but my feet smelled good. WHEW. I was worried. And then my delightful free massage was over. 


Never take a free massage. XOXO The Sunny D




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home