<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Hello Summer.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Hello Summer.

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!




It feels like I should be grading a stack of papers right now, or typing my lesson plans, or my weekly newsletter/blog. Yet, I am not because school is out for summer. 

The last few weeks push of school left me super tired almost to the point that I wondered if I had acquired mononucleosis or some other terrible disease. You think I am kidding. I am not. 

 My Dad asked me today if I was tired. He is used to me saying, "I'm tired," under my breath at their house as I flop on the couch or sit outside chewing the fat with my family. No, I said actually I am not. He asked if I relaxed this weekend and I said yes I did! (This is me relaxing....read on)

I cleaned out the pantry and chucked all of the expired cans of food...some dating to 2011. oh dear. I cleaned the kitchen with my children's help, I worried over my broken dryer and tried to fix it myself to no avail. I scheduled a repairman, my cousin Briggs to come take a look at it. I patched nail holes in the wall of my loft to prep it for painting. I took a load of pillows and a rug to Goodwill, I went swimming with my children and I organized the cereal/medicine cabinet in my kitchen. I planned the next weeks menu, I bought groceries, reviewed my bills, took my children to church and to the movie Tomorrowland. I gave my kids an art lesson and taught them how to cook chicken in the crock pot to make chicken tacos and we talked about all of the things they could make for dinner with shredded chicken from the crock pot. They helped me make dinner (chicken tacos) and cleaned their rooms. We hung up the white load to dry in the garage, you know since the dryer is broken.....and no I am not tired. It is amazing to me. Teaching is hard work. 

Husky Drawing lesson..mine..not awesome

Ellie's...pretty awesome

Aydan's...unique and could maybe be a character on Adventure Time.

Tomorrow I will go into Mesa Public Schools to enroll in their insurance plan for next year. I have a new hire packet to fill out as well. So, a new job and adventure to look forward to. I will so miss the school I am at as I love the teachers, students, staff, admin...everybody really. I plan on buying the paint I need for the loft so I can get started on the painting. It is way too dark in there and the lighting isn't super great. I am so excited to re-do my loft. I have some art projects planned for my kids and I to do for decorations in there. I have this grand picture I have been forming in my head of how it will look and where the furniture will go. I hope it turns out as grand as the picture in my head. 

Paint chips..for the loft


I have a lot of things that are in need of refresh/repair. Including me. I am tired and run-down and it is time to recharge! The cold sore that formed on my lip tonight is a sure sign of being run down. I will continue my exercise routine and plan on cooking A LOT more. I also get to just be a MOM. How fun is that? I have a perfectionist problem I make these lists that have SO many things on them there is no way they will ever get done. I put gobs of pressure on myself and then end up tired and emotional if I don't accomplish everything on the list. This is something I have learned about myself and I know that I need to be careful about making reasonable task lists. I also need to remember to just relax. 

Summer Projects:

1. The Loft (To-Do List).... AKA...... THE PIT that collects everything- paint, curtains, desk assembled for homework etc, new to me couch coming next week, art projects to finish in there, hang art I already have, order family pictures taken in December and still do not have ONE hanging in the house.....reupholster chair for desk and paint it, find a rug for the room, more lighting, and accent pillows, call cable company to see about a cable jack in there...I am hoping to have all of this done in two weeks. 

2. Figure some health issues out, do a cleanse, drink lots of water, exercise everyday and spend a little R&R at the pool reading. YES, you heard me, reading I actually have TIME to read a few books! So happy about that! 

3. Organize kitchen cabinets, get rid of old junk like expired food, medicine, and stuff that hasn't been used in years. 

4. Get family pictures for front room and possibly kitchen. 

5. Enjoy the chaos of running kids to school and swim team for the next two weeks....... ALONG with dropping them off to school in my work out clothes! Do you know how envious I am of the Mom's who pull up and GET to DROP their kids off at school in their work out clothes and then have ALL morning and afternoon to just do STUFF?!? I GET TO DO THAT TOO NOW!! Yipee. The perks of being a teacher. 

So. I will stop there because I don't want to get all stressed out when I am supposed to be on vacation. I am so happy and grateful for summers! 


XOXO- It's my season folks......The Sunny D

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home