<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Thoughts Running in My Head...Part Duex

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Thoughts Running in My Head...Part Duex

A little art for the kitchen



  • I love my kids. I mean really love my kids. They are working so hard on Mom school and I don't even have to remind them. (ok I have to remind then about the chores part)
  • There is nothing I love more than free stuff and we won tickets to a pre-screening of Minions tonight. It was great. Go see it, you will love it. I mean who doesn't love those little guys and Bob...Bob is the best. If you love animation you should check out this podcast Rotoscopers. That is where we won the tickets.
  • My best friends car in High School was named Bob. 


  • When I was on the cruise with my girlfriends I had a long winded thinking session about walking the plank. I think I have deduced that this may be one of the worst ways to die. Don't you think? First would be the "what if" anxiety of actually walking the plank. Then being pushed off and watching your only ticket out of there float away. Then what, hypothermia? Sharks? You become fish food? Do you drown? How long could a person float if they were made to walk the plank? I learned the watermelon method of floating when I was in swim lessons about 30 years ago. Is watermelon floating really the best method?? I wonder how many people in the history of time have either fallen off of a boat or been made to walk the plank. That is just terrible....and so it goes....random. thoughts. in. my. head. I held a little tighter to the hand rails on the boat, you know just in case the ship lurched or something. Oh and for the record that safety briefing that took 45 minutes and nearly caused the whole ship to die of heat stroke....I'm guessing that is just a hoax to make you feel better about being on a boat in the Pacific Ocean. We've all seen Titanic. I know what happens when a boat goes down and it isn't good. Sinking boat or walking the plank...which is worse? HA. 
  • Why is it so expensive to have your children home all the time? Why do they eat so much? Where did that gallon of milk that I bought...yesterday go? Didn't I just spend $150 at Costco? Did we really eat all those peaches in two days? Why is there no toilet paper? Didn't I just buy a big package of toilet paper? I am sure I did. Trust me, I love it. I love having my kids home and their friends over but I'm just saying it adds up. There is no place I'd rather have people be than in my home happy and comfortable. That is the good life my friends! You know..... but then you get the mail and there is the Anthropologie catalog AND the Nordstroms half yearly sale catalog and you think a little retail therapy would be SO nice right now...uh....except.....You have to buy milk, toilet paper, and peaches..oh and bread because that is all gone. Then you take a minute to be thankful for the things in life that really make you happy and this pops into your head.....one of your all time favorite movie quotes. 

  • Maybe I should work out....maybe later
  • Later......maybe I should work out and read the stuff I have to read for my summer training class
  • Even Later perusing the Nordstroms half yearly catalog........maybe I should do my homework.....
  • Really Late...son comes downstairs for an hour long talk about stuff. I had asked him a question earlier, I knew something was bothering him call it mothers intuition....good talk, such a good happy boy....
  • Then finish the hour of homework. 

Summer time, OH I LOVE YOU! 

XOXO- The Sunny D

2 Comments:

At July 8, 2015 at 11:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

As I'm no longer on Facebook I don't see your blog updates so it has been a while since I've read your blog. Today while typing something in my browser your blog came up and I've just spent the last while reading and catching up. You're such a talented writer, and so so real. You've made me feel alllllll the feelings. And I really want to be your real friend. Not your parent teacher conference blog stalker friend but your real friend. If you have time to meet up for lunch before you're back in school, let me know. Bekah 526.

1314

 
At July 9, 2015 at 10:06 PM , Blogger Dior said...

Hi Bekah! Let's get together! I'll text you when it's not ten at night. So you don't think I'm a weirdo trying to set up a lunch date when I should be sleeping!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home