<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: You Are Awkward

Thursday, September 3, 2015

You Are Awkward


I am teaching second grade now and I am learning a lot. Today I learned that I am awkward. Tell me something I didn't already know. The conversation went like this:

2nd Grade boy: What is that thing around your waist?
Me/The Teacher: A belt?
2nd Grade boy: I don't get it. It's like really confusing to me. You look awkward.
Me: Ok.


Me in my very "awkward" outfit after school. 

I then later received this note on my desk.


This was from a second grade girl. So I surmised:
1. This is a perfect example between the differences between boys and girls
2. You can't please everybody
3. I'm no stranger to awkward
4. Second graders are really cute. 


A few other things I have overheard and learned. 

After a particularly trying morning one of my students said cheerily, "Nothings ever gonna wipe this smile off my face." My mood instantly changed because I laughed. 

Skipping is by far the best way to get from point A to point B

It is ok to cry when school is hard. School IS hard. I am sorry I am a teacher that makes you work really hard! I cry too when the day is too much. 

Sneakily making a craft in your desk while I am teaching will get you nowhere....especially not to recess. Knock it off. 

Reading Pete the Cat and singing the shoe song like a blues singer is awesome. 

I want to go to the nurse and lie down too. 

AND for all you Mesa Public School Alumni.......read it and weep, Recess Bars for teachers only 





XOXO- The Sunny D





1 Comments:

At September 7, 2015 at 8:08 AM , Blogger Aubree said...

Dior those kids are so lucky to have you as their teacher! I bet you could write a book about your teaching experiences. One of theses days I will stop by and bring you a drink!! Love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home