<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: 3.5 Weeks in Europe....Italy...Travel is my Therapy

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

3.5 Weeks in Europe....Italy...Travel is my Therapy

Spaghetti Bolognese for breakfast/lunch delicious! First meal in Italy.

After a long day of traveling we FINALLY found our AirBnB. We arrived in Milan by bus late in the night. We walked from the bus stop, to the metro, and walked and walked and walked. Our AirBnB host went out of town and left our keys at a "grocery store" close to her home. Except, when we arrived at the grocery store they didn't speak English and I don't even think they spoke much Italian! We asked if keys for an AirBnB had been left for us and they replied, No. After much talking we finally obtained the keys from them. Phew. We found our apartment and bugs were crawling out of the "second bed" AKA couch. I was freaking out of course so I didn't sleep on the couch but I didn't feel much better about it. I googled bed bugs and they looked nothing like bed bugs so I felt slightly relieved. It was a good nights sleep and the next morning we went to The Duomo in Milan which was so beautiful. 

The Milan Duomo took six centuries to create and was breathtakingly beautiful.
The marble floors are a work of art. 
Duomo Milan

The Milan fashion district.
We then caught a train to Rome where we met up with my friends the Powell's. It was SO good to see my friend Misty. 
Upon arrival to Rome we went to visit the Trevi Fountain. I threw a coin in over my shoulder to ensure that I would return to Rome. 


We then walked to the Spanish steps which were teeming with people. We headed back to the Powell's where we were so graciously welcomed and cared for. I think I had my best sleep there! This ended out first night in Rome. 

There is SO much to do and see in Rome. It is a lovely city and it only made it sweeter for me to see it with dear friends. I will write more about Rome in my next post. 

It was interesting when I was in Switzerland I started having a lot of vivid dreams. I don't know if it was because of the time difference or exhaustion or the fact that all I had to worry about was myself. The dreams were stressful and overwhelming and I couldn't stop thinking about them and trying to figure them out. Old feelings from the past were brought to the surface and I wasn't sure why. Ultimately, I felt like I was wrestling with something that I was trying to resolve somewhere between my heart, mind, and spirit. I had a lot of good talks with my maker and I decided to hand the dreams over to him and the hurts and alllllll the feelings I was feeling. The truth is these things that were coming to my memory were not happening now, right NOW I was in Europe for three weeks! I decided that every day I was going to be grateful for this amazing opportunity I had sitting RIGHT in my lap. I woke up each day and started the day with gratitude remembering every time I saw something that amazed me I would be thankful for the moment and the opportunity. If feelings came up I would go through and process them and hand them over to my Heavenly Father. I think sometimes when you go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, in your real life feelings kind of get passed over or put away until you have the time and energy to sort through them. I kind of feel like it is like cleaning out your closet and donating your stuff to Goodwill. Sometimes, you just have to clean the corners and cobwebs, move forward, have gratitude, and enjoy the moment. 

I haven't had any dreams or stressful feelings since returning home and to tell you the truth I feel the most rested I have felt in over a decade and boy, that is an amazing feeling. 

XOXO- Travel is my therapy. The Sunny D








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home