<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Think of All the Beauty Still Left Around You and Be Happy. -Anne Frank

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Think of All the Beauty Still Left Around You and Be Happy. -Anne Frank

Happy 13th Birthday my love. Those two have me wrapped around their little finger. 

I went to bed last night and as I drifted off to sleep I felt so happy that my heart might burst. I was full of gratitude for my life and all of the goodness that is in it. Joy, true joy is the best feeling in the world. I had a week off of work for Spring Break and I enjoyed several days in Mexico and then a couple of days at home alone which felt luxurious and hard earned. I spent one whole day alone in my house holed up and read a WHOLE book. I know, nerd status. I can't help it, I love to read. However, the true happiness came when my kids came home. That is when I found my heart humming and full of life....... when they came home. On Friday we went to Cane's to celebrate Aydan's birthday and then saw Beauty and the Beast. He wasn't that excited about Beauty and the Beast. We then came home and relaxed. I can't describe what it is like to be a single Mom and only see your children part of the time. It's weird and unnatural and not cool. However, it is what it is and so you just have to do your best with the way things are. You know? We woke up on Saturday and went to Butcher Jones to do some paddle boarding/kayaking. We came home worn out and all rested for a bit. We then picked up Aydan's birthday cake and accidentally invited ourselves to the special opening of Backyard Taco. We played Uno on the patio, listened to the mariachi band, ate the free food, Ellie enjoyed the pinata and then we rode our bikes home. We snuggled up on the couch and watched movies and went to bed. Which left me aglow from the two days I had with my babes. I feel happy.

I am grateful to be happy because it wasn't that long ago that I was struggling a lot and so to have turned the corner and feel the sunshine on my face again is a blessing. I am so grateful. 

Happy. Things that I know for sure make me happy.

1. My children. Their awesome personalities and sense of humor. That we get each others jokes and I love the people they are becoming. Pretty remarkable little humans. 
2. Family and Friends. I saw a sign today that said something like may your house be too small to fit all of your friends. I feel like that. I feel so lucky to have been insulated from this tricky life with loving family and friends. 
3. I love the gospel. I love the peace and love I feel from my Savior. I love him. 
4. The color yellow. It is the happiest color of all. 
5. Bike Rides
6. Being outside hiking or exercising and being surrounded by nature. 
7. Adventures. I love adventures. I love planning adventures I have a few up my sleeve coming up and I can not wait!! 
8. Good Food.
9. Live Music or Dancing in the Kitchen to the Radio. 
10. Laughing. I love laughing. 

One last thing that makes me happy:
This yummy drink...I need to detox from too much Diet Coke! So when I need to do that I need to find replacements because I get tired of water. This is easy and so refreshing and yummy. I picked basil from my garden, a lemon from my sisters tree, and strawberries. Slice and add water. Keep in fridge overnight and VOILA! A yum in the tum drink. 




XOXO- May you see the beauty that is STILL left around you too--The Sunny D






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home