<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Mr. McLovin' A Tale of Diet Coke and Love

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Mr. McLovin' A Tale of Diet Coke and Love

So I will go with the theme New Year, Same Me....I still love a fresh, cold, Diet Coke in a Styrofoam cup from McDonald's. Buh Buh Buh Buh Buh, I'm Lovin' it. 

I blame my Father. The original McDonald's connoisseur with our childhood trips for kids meals in which he would eat all of our fries. Or the Sunday escape from the house to get my Mom and eventually me a Diet Coke and the little kids ice cream cones. And Later on, when we outgrew the kids meals and graduated to the Crispy Chicken sandwich because we ONLY ordered off of the dollar menu. McDonald's has the best breakfast deals in town OR San Diego where we would go on vacation. Two sausage McMuffin's for $2.00. My McDonald's love was born early and still lives in my heart. Plus, knowing you're getting the best deal in town feels good. 

I don't really blame my father for the record. I just really like McDonald's mix of Diet Coke. I also like that I don't have to get out of my car and that it only costs $1....actually $1.08 with tax. It fits in my budget. 

You know that last year I started at a new school and to my happy surprise there were TWO McDonald's restaurants in very close proximity to my new school. It didn't take long for me to become a regular at these fine establishments. In fact, I know most of the workers at the drive through windows. I am always friendly and kind and like to say hello. It isn't uncommon for me to strike up a quick conversation with these awesome workers if the time allows. 

And this now leads me to the highlight of this story. 

I have a McDonald's boyfriend. 

It's true. 

In fact, I know that he is working two jobs and that he also works at IKEA. HOW do I know this? I DON'T KNOW I TOLD YOU I WAS FRIENDLY! He works a lot of split 8 hour shifts also which he has informed me on my run through the drive through. 

He always greets me with a HEEEEEEEEEY GUUUUUUUUURL! AND I am always like HEEEEEEY. 

Because you know, we're like this weird set of friends. 

He reassures me that it is OKAY to come to McDonald's everyday because I am ONLY getting a Diet Coke.  I am usually happy to see him there as he is my friend but equally happy to see the other workers who are my friends also. 

A week before break something odd happened. As he handed me my change he held my hand in a kind but awkward way. In fact, I am fairly sure my face looked like this (pretend I am in my car)
And eight million thoughts ran through my head....like, what the heck, is he holding my hand? NO. No, he isn't..yes he certainly is....this is weird. NO I AM BEING WEIRD, this is my McDonald's FRIEND. With a capital F. I am overreacting that did not just happen. 

Except it did. And it has several more times that I started going to Circle K until I was afraid I was getting lead poisoning from their soda because it tastes like metal. Well, not really but their soda tastes GROSS. 

And then I decided..why NOT, why not let a twenty-something flirt with you and make you confused at the McDonald's window. Geez enjoy it GUUUUUUURL. 

So, after break I began going back to McDonald's and Mr. McLovin' was like...."Where have you been?" I said, "It was Christmas Break!" He was like, "Well, I thought we were friends...WE ARE! I Said! 

Our first fight. 

To Be Continued......

XOXO- The Sunny D, I bet you wish you could be so lucky..Buh, Buh, Buh, Buh, Buh.........








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home