<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: 3.5 Weeks in Europe....Switzerland: Zurich/Flims and Surrounding Areas

Monday, July 3, 2017

3.5 Weeks in Europe....Switzerland: Zurich/Flims and Surrounding Areas

I didn't even know it was possible for a place on Earth to be so beautiful. When I see architecture or art that wows me and then I see the beauty and glory of God's creations.....the comparison of the art of man versus our creator is no comparison. Man's attempt at creation is a rudimentary expression of what is to come in our life after this one. It's like we are playing with Lego or blocks in comparison to this earth it's diversity and beauty. Switzerland is awesome in it's beauty, I have never been anywhere like it.

I mean, even God parks his car in Switzerland! I guess if I was God I would park my car there too. I am not sure I would drive a VW...BUT if you speak Swiss German then I guess it makes total sense. 

Some things I learned really quickly about Switzerland:

1. It is EXTREMELY clean and tidy, which is nice. 
2. The Swiss LOVE rules and love to follow rules, and YOU are expected to know and follow the rules too. Good Luck with that and knowing all the Swiss rules! 
3. The cost of food at restaurant's is three times the cost of food in the grocery store, so if you want to eat in Switzerland don't go out. Lesson learned, 1 Whopper Jr. was $6 and if I wanted the whole meal it would have been $20 Swiss Francs! 
4. It costs between 1 or 2 Swiss Francs to use the bathroom in Switzerland..I swear that is where all my money went..using the bathroom and parking! 
5. The water fountains are AMAZING and have cold fresh water to drink!
6. Glacier lakes are the most beautiful blue I have ever seen. 
7. I wanted to yodel everytime I was climbing a mountain or sing pretty much any song from The Sound of Music. However, I was out of breath so it didn't happen. 
8. I have pioneer ancestors from Switzerland and I thought if I had crossed the plains and ended up in Utah Valley (which is beautiful but it is NOT Switzerland) I would have been looking back like Lot's wife in the scriptures and probably turned to salt. 

Can we just move to that little cabin? Oh, and ALL of the cows wear bells around their necks so you hear this chiming everywhere you go, it is so endearing. 

We took many trams up into the Alps this was to Titlis. We learned the hard way that you have to buy a round trip ticket and not just a ticket. I didn't even SEE the round trip ticket because why wouldn't you want to come down after going up? I learned however the Swiss people hike....A LOT and probably like to walk down the mountain. They probably have the strongest thighs in the whole world with how many hiking trails there are there. Buy the round trip ticket...because if you don't that is a question you will have to ask yourself according to the lift attendant.... 

Can you believe this? That is a REAL PLACE.

Matchy Matchy









Flims

We stayed with my friends brother and his wife who is Swiss. She was from a town called Flims, so of course we wanted to check it out! Flims has this amazing lake that comes up from the water table underneath. It is the most beautiful blue water and they have a fun swimming recreation site. 

THIS...is a water fountain! People walk right up to it and get a drink or rinse their hands. 




Lucky. 
We visited this little town HIGH in the Alps that looked like it hadn't been touched by time except for a few vehicles. 



Have you ever played the game Carcasonne? I am pretty sure this is where they got the idea of how to set up the towns with the big clock tower. The Swiss have clocks EVERYWHERE! 


We stayed at my friend's brother's home they were so kind to us! They had such a cute little family and I loved staying with them and seeing a little bit of what it is like to be Swiss. 







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home