<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: It is Good For You

Sunday, December 10, 2017

It is Good For You



No. I would not rather be cross stitching. The last time I cross stitched it was to pass off a Merry Miss requirement and my Mom was my leader. Now, I am not saying that cross stitching is not a beautiful art form. It truly is, I just don't think I'd rather be doing it. Or have a license plate that says cross stitching defines my hobbies in life. Whatever your hobbies are though, go forth and enjoy them is what I say. I am rediscovering hobbies I love right now and it is absolutely delicious. I am going to the gym again which I had to give up to heal my back after a car accident in July.

 One morning my friend Laura suggested I try some collagen in my drink. It helps with sore muscle recovery. It has zero flavor and you can add it to any drink. Well, in true Sunny D fashion I added it to the best drink in the whole world my good morning Diet Coke. It was a fresh one, I had just gone through the drive through at McDonald's. I was licking my lips ready for my morning cup of ambition. I added the collagen. Not one scoop but two for good measure. I was really sore. The next thing that happened was closer to a chemical reaction science experiment, it began to fizz, and bubble, and rise out of the cup. I stirred..I was NOT losing my diet coke I was going to drink that thing, dang it! I put the straw in stirred it a bit and lifted the straw out to see a globby, gloopy, stringy like booger hanging off the end. It will still be OK. It doesn't have any flavor I told myself. I drank deeply and coughed up what can only be described as curdled diet coke. Which I had to pour out my door. Lost forever with Laura and I laughing heartily. 

The week kind of followed in this manner. I worked very hard teaching my class how to measure objects and what we use to measure. I taught them strategies to measure correctly. For instance, start at the zero, use a ruler, make sure to look at what side you are using inch or centimeter. So, we had the test and here are some of my second graders fabulous answers. I felt as if I had failed them in measurement this week but also love grading sentences so much at this age. Even if it's a lose, it's a win. I mean you know, it's good for you. Why wouldn't it make sense to measure your turkey or feed your bunny carrots? It just does. 





It was my dear Heather's birthday and I was lucky enough to spend the afternoon with her. I love her. Isn't she so pretty. 

I am so lucky and happy. I have a full happy life. I have friends, real ones, good ones. My life is simple and I am in love with it. 


Here are the single ladies...sort of..we had a lovely dinner at Stonebridge Manor. It was so wonderful to catch up and just BE together. I haven't seen them in so long. 

I find myself taking risks I haven't taken in a long time. I feel like I have cleaned out the closets so to speak and it is amazing. It is like life is new and fresh and happy. I feel so open and like a lot of really good things are coming. I had so much fun this weekend at a baby shower for my cousin. I love my family and my cousins so much. We just GET each other. I was with my Mom and sister, Aunt and cousins. It was so lovely. 

I often wonder how I hit the jackpot with friends and family. Things are not always easy and I am continually learning, developing, and growing. One thing is for sure...My life is REALLY good. 


XOXO- The Sunny D





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home