<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Sweatshirts and Flip Flops an Arizona Christmas

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Sweatshirts and Flip Flops an Arizona Christmas


I love Christmas. 

I love the slowing down and just being home. I love the Lifetime Christmas movies that all have the same plot, Christmas romance with someone saving the day just in time. I love the magic of wishes and hopes. I love that it is dark outside until seven thirty and I get to be snuggled in bed under my down comforter. I love going to late night movies and having time to mop my floor and read books that I want to read. I love hearing my children's laughter and talking with my family. We get to just BE. What a gift. I love that our hearts are turned to the Savior. I love this time of year and goal making. I especially love the mild Arizona climate that enables me to be sitting here in my living room, hair in a messy knot on my head in flip flops and a sweatshirt. Did you know that flip flops is not a compound word but sweatshirt is? Yes. I just looked it up to be sure. HA.

Someone chose my little family to do the 12 days of Christmas to. It was so kind. My kids (actually...especially Aydan) ran to the door each morning to see what had been left next. Our home was given thoughtful sweet gifts that brought the Christmas spirit into our home. THANK YOU. Thank you for the Christmas magic. What you may not know is I was totally OUT of Christmas magic this year. Rocky the Elf did not make an appearance and I actually told Ellie who has the heart of a believer that Santa was not real. SO whoever you are, thank you for being our Christmas magic. We needed a little Santa magic! I love to give, I love to help but I have found myself in a position where sometimes I have to receive. I am learning to receive. It can be humbling to learn how to receive and a blessing. I think learning how to receive love, to take it in, and then share it the best we can with others is a universal law. Thank you for loving us. We love and appreciate whoever you are so, so much. 





My kids were up at four thirty! I tried very hard to ignore them but they woke me up at 5:30 and then came and piled on top of me at 6:00 to get up. It was so fun seeing them so happy. I had looked at the presents under the tree. There were three for each of them, plus a gift they had purchased for each other. I wondered if it would be enough. I had a few little surprises up my sleeve from Santa. They were so, SO, happy and it made me happy that they were happy. THEY didn't feel like it was a small Christmas and for that I was grateful. 



I am so grateful to my family, they made Christmas so special for us. I loved being with them! My Mom bought me some much needed tops to freshen up my closet. I am really excited to wear them. 


French Toast Custard

I love this easy to throw together breakfast dish. I usually only make it for Christmas morning breakfast. It is either this or Crepes. Here is the recipe:

8-10 slices of day old French Bread (1 in. thick)
5 TBL butter melted
4 eggs
2 egg yolks
3 cups of milk
1 cup of whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 TBL vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
Confectioners' sugar to dust the top

Brush both sides of the bread with butter;place in a greased 9x13 pan. In a large bowl, beat eggs and yolks. Add milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg; mix well. Pour over the bread. Cover and chill overnight. Remove from the fridge thirty minutes before baking. Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 55-60 min. or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Dust with confectioners sugar. About 8-10 servings. 


Enjoy! XOXO- The Sunny D



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home