<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: 2017 Exquisite Growth

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

2017 Exquisite Growth



The steep hike in Cinque Terre, Italy.....a day to remember forever, a dream to go back.


I saw a question on Facebook that has had me thinking. It said use one word to describe 2017. If I were to use one word to describe 2017 I would say it was: GROWTH. Growing pains are just that, painful. However, they are necessary. I love this picture so much. I love it because it shows all my imperfections but it also shows who I really am. I am someone who is happy, adventurous, not afraid to try new things, go new places, loves being outside, exercising, with the sun on my shoulders, ASU shirt on and really those are just a few things. I am grateful that I KNOW who I am, even if sometimes I forget. It can be easy to forget when circumstances make you question your worth. It is easy to compare. Why compare? Just get out there and kick some tail. 

Never Question Your Worth. Ever. 


The Spider spins its web taken in the Royal Rose Garden in London. 

Another huge lesson I learned this year was to trust my gut. My intuition is very good. Detecting lies is easy for me because I can feel it. I literally get physically sick to my stomach. I can feel the omissions and it seems like that is the most common way for someone to be deceiving. I am not interested in deceit or slight or gross omissions. I feel like when someone doesn't tell the truth, or partial truths, it is because they don't have the confidence to do so. Transparent is how I live my life. I am honest, I am straight forward and I expect the same from others. Transparency in any type of relationship builds respect and loyalty two character traits I highly value. 
St. Paul's Cathedral in London we heard an AMAZING organ concert there on Sunday. My heart was so full. 

I appreciate intelligence and wit. I love a good conversation and witty banter. I love feeling challenged or like I have met my match in a conversation. That is important to me and something I learned this year. I value culture, manners, decency, and morals. I love when I am with people who share my love of music and art. I love when I am with people who I can learn from about these topics. In fact, I have almost an insatiable curiosity at times that I devour new ideas and learning new things. I love it. It doesn't matter the topic. Learning is growth. 


Paris. My true hometown. 

Je T'aime Paris. I long to go back. 

Difficulties. This year brought its share of difficulties. However, for the most part I feel like I tackled them head on. I feel like I am stronger. I did not always handle the difficulties with grace. The curse of the feisty woman. HOWEVER, I am and have learned from those difficulties. I have had a voice. I have made proactive and positive choices. I have moved forward quickly and truly been brave. I am proud of that. I did not do it alone though. I have an army of angels that walk with me in this life,my friends and family. I leaned heavily on them. I relied on the one person I trust wholeheartedly and that is Heavenly Father. 

I learned that every day I have a choice. I can choose to be great, mediocre, or just lame. I can choose adventures. I can be kind and grateful. I can count the good things I did that day instead of beat myself up. I can be and am just enough. 

2017- joy, growth, pain, sadness, love, hurt, hard work, inspiring, adventure, new beginning, fresh start, anew, kindness, friends, family, happy. 

Slay La Vie 2017. Now to slay 2018. 

The Sunny D- XOXO Growth the bitter, the sweet, the reward....priceless. 











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home