<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Let It Be Me...Ray LaMontagne

Monday, January 29, 2018

Let It Be Me...Ray LaMontagne

The butterflies are flapping their wings in my belly. 
I'm nervous and it reminds me of my favorite mug that says, "why are you so nervous and sweaty"
I love that mug but I don't love it when I am those things on the mug
And you might be the sweetest thing ever
Kind and so handsome
It is so refreshing like basil gelato on a hot Italian summer afternoon
I can't even tell you the last time I felt all the feels
And I Polo my girls like this goofy smiley sixteen year old
And awkward like a 16 year old,
But comfortable in my forty year old body
One day at a time I tell myself, just take it one day at a time
The conversation is smooth and easy
And you're smart 
I like that. 
And way more confident than me and I like that too
You and I are two adventurers 
That keeps my attention
Plus, you make me laugh and it has been too long since I laughed like this
What you don't know but I do, is that you showed up in a red, plaid, flannel shirt
So I knew I was safe
That is a story for another time
But my heart leapt a few beats
So let it be me friend
Because I feel like I can't always say what I want to 
Because thoughts get stuck and die in my throat but bubble up like a laugh and a smile




XOXO-The Sunny D






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home