<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Show Up

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Show Up







Ms. Tidwell by one of my students



I was asked to talk in church a few weeks ago. The theme was being a disciple of Christ and at the end of my talk I gave examples of how we can "show up" for Jesus. I gave some examples of how we could be kind to others, attend church on Sunday even though it is at 8am, and standing up for what we believe in. 

I think supporting others by attending weddings and birthday parties may not seem like a big deal but the truth is it feels good when others show up for us. It feels good to show up and support others. I have been trying to show up for those that I love. Many times that means attending late night sporting events after a long day of working. Or last Saturday after attending CPR training I got some items and went to help at my daughters birthday party. Helping at the birthday party meant I would forgo getting groceries for the family for the week and lag behind on laundry and house cleaning. Guess what...we were fine. I grabbed a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk and yes we had cereal one night for dinner. Something I never thought I would do, but things change. The truth is will my daughter ever turn 11 again? No. I am learning to show up and be better at it. I haven't always been. 

Showing up is truly giving a piece of our heart away a piece of us a moment of our time. Sarah Barielles sings a song called, Little Black Dress that I love. She sings, I tried to be everything you ever want and sometimes...I even stood on my heart and stomped, now I'm dressed for the show but going nowhere. I will not ever stand on my own heart and stomp. ever. I will show up for me too. 

Every minute of every day feels scheduled. It is exhausting. I have to learn to show up for myself too. That is really tricky to do. Especially, when there is so little time. Time. My greatest commodity. I learned a lesson this week about putting myself first. Why is this so hard to do? The things that I love to do and want to do need to fit in there too. I need to show up for myself. I need to get sleep and go to the gym. Tomorrow I will run my first ever Spartan. I am showing up for myself. I need to eat healthy foods. I wouldn't say the bowl of cereal I had for lunch/breakfast today was a good example of carb loading for tomorrow. Luckily, I made up for it at dinner where I was showing up and attending a dear friends birthday party. 

I will show up by....

1. Give love freely and openly hugs are healing. 

2. Sleep

3. Eat good foods

4. Read

5. See my friends

6. Gym...even though it is a sacrifice at 5am I have to remind myself that I can show up for me too. 

7. Taking risks

8. Letting go of fear

9. Being present

10. Long hot baths 

XOXO- Show up. The Sunny D



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home