<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Spartan Sprint 2018

Monday, February 12, 2018

Spartan Sprint 2018


I signed up for the Spartan Sprint on a whim and with my huge $200 bonus from Governor Doug Ducey. I also got an oil change so I'd like to report that it was well spent and I WAS grateful for it. I just wish it had an extra zero at the end. The lessons learned with that bonus will last much longer and I am glad I am a believer in spending money on experiences. 

Running has taught me:

I am strong and capable. 

There is always room for improvement. 

Being part of a team is amazing. 

Mental fortitude can take you places you never imagined. 

I ran with my second grade team that I teach with. I love, LOVE, those women and I am proud of us. We didn't quite know what we were signing up for but we did pretty awesome. I completed every obstacle that I could and even a few that I wasn't sure I could. I burpeed out on several...if you can't accomplish a obstacle you have to do burpee's. There were a lot of moments of pushing through fear and telling myself, "Don't Feel, Don't Look Down, just GO." I look like a battered wife am bruised all over the place.  I am bruised but my heart is whole and happy. Plus, it is kind of cool to have battle scars. I'd rather have this kind than some of the others I have acquired over the years! Plus, I love adventure and I love being outside. I also loved breaking up the run with obstacles I just kept telling myself I was on the show Survivor and this was a challenge for a million dollars. 

Running has been a lifeline for me. When life is too hard or tricky I just strap my runners on and let life melt away into the pavement. I listen to my angry music and come home new, worn out, and refreshed. I loved running the Spartan because I could see that I was stronger than I thought I was but that there is room to get better. There is another race this Summer and I would like to compete and do all of the challenges. Goals. Adventures. Running. 1 Marathon, 2 Half Marathons, 8 Ragnars, countless 10 and 5K's and now one Spartan. 


XOXO- Do what makes you happy. The Sunny D. 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home