<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: The Sunny D, She's Back

Sunday, July 28, 2019

The Sunny D, She's Back

My nephew Graham and his cute cast...Ellie helping him up the slide at Chick-fil-A.

I return to my classroom this Wednesday. It will be a new to me classroom in a different hall but closer to the bathroom so that's a huge plus for me! I am still teaching second grade and I have been in my room once or twice week all of July from 2-7 hours trying to organize it and get it ready and fresh for my new set of students. I love being in my classroom and I am excited for this next year. It is bittersweet though as I have enjoyed this summer so much. It wasn't a fancy summer. I didn't run any crazy races...well not since the last one that I broke my tailbone! I didn't travel to any distant countries as I love to do. I did do some important things though which made this summer meaningful and special to me. 


Annual Rocky Point Trip with Heather. All the heart eyes. We never get to see each other and so it is so fun to do what we love to do....be at the beach.

Three glorious days in California. Surf lessons, paddle boarding, going to the temple together, and museums. Perfection. 

I cleaned and scrubbed and organized. My kids helped to patch the little nail holes in the wall and touch up paint. We even painted the baseboards and a fresh coat of paint to a few doors. 


We got new flooring put in. It is so beautiful. The kids were both HUGE helpers. Aydan hanging the curtain... It isn't quite done yet downstairs. I ordered a new sectional and it should be here soon. 


The kids had a great summer with friends, at camps, and Aydan went to EFY. 


New classroom, new theme. Ellie came to help.....and ended up using supplies to make forky. 

I did a lot of work to get my health in check cutting carbs, sugars, and fats was really hard but I feel so good. My doctor was able to pin point a deficit in my hormones which as causing major exhaustion. I feel like myself again. 
Each week I tried to make it to my favorite place whether it was with my children, friends, ministering sister, or by myself. I love the temple. 

Spent some quality time with these little nuggets...they loved the ice cream cone.

Books were read, podcasts were devoured, Netflix was watched, naps were had, healthy food was eaten, twenty pounds was lost, children were loved, old friends were reconnected, and the Sunny D got her mojo back. 

XOXO-The Sunny D













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home