<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Learned

Friday, August 2, 2019

Learned


The Things I Have Learned This Week

1. Why am I waiting six months at a time to get my hair done? I'll tell you...it's expensive! However, I am learning that I need to do these things for myself because it is worth it to feel pretty. It just is. Every girl wants to feel pretty even forty year old single ladies like myself. So I promise myself to not let my hair go that long. Just like I promised myself that I would wear perfume every day and not just special days because every day is a special day.

2. It is always worth it to spend the money on the concert. OH my live music is my JAM! It is also worth it to be on the front row and with cousins and to sing at the top of your lungs and dance and to secretly video tape each other doing so. Also, there are weird people at concerts like the beady eyed guy who recognized my cousin from the Costco photo center and we all kind of went eeeeerrrrrrrrrrr. side eye. Then I told her he probably saves all of your pictures because your so pretty. Plus, he wouldn't go away. Jimmy Eat World was amazing! Third Eye Blind was amazing as we watched Stephen Jenkins hot sauce 54 year old self look at us look at him. I mean eye contact for sure..we could see his smudged eye liner, that is how close we were.  Plus, he taught us the theatrical and very effective way to snap. He perfected the snap for sure. We all needed that night. Because adulting my friends......is not easy. 

Yup. There we are in the yellow circle. A really great show. Make time for fun, that's what I learned. 

3. Work life balance is a myth. It is not true. This week work dominated my life and the scales tippppped way in the work favor. I realized that at work if I am not eighteen steps ahead of the game I feel behind. However, I am NOT behind. It's just when you have all of these plates in the air and if one just wibbly wobbly drops the whole thing just comes crashing down. So I like to be ahead of that especially in my classroom. I also inadvertently volunteered to be the Jr. High Boys Basketball coach. Which is eyebrow raising since I don't actually know how to play any basketball besides the game of horse. Luckily, my Dad is going to help me at the practices, so every little things gonna be alright. Meet the teacher was last night and what fun that is! My room is colorful and happy. I have a big cute rainbow on my front window with the kids names on it. I think rainbows are magical and so is second grade. It is going to be an amazing year! 

4. I learned that hunger is like pain. After you have surgery or a baby and are in the hospital they tell you to stay ahead of the pain so it doesn't become so unbearable and hard to manage. As, I have been cleaning up my eating I have learned that if I do not stick to my schedule and go too long without eating I am susceptible to making not great choices. It is like the hunger is so big you'll eat anything. So I stocked my mini fridge at school with all the good, healthy, REAL food I can eat and cold water. It has helped me to stay on track. I learned a hard lesson I was in my room and eating an orange when Steve started to cry...so I shared my orange with him but then I didn't have anything else to eat. I mean I just can't say no to a six year old geriatric guinea pig. Could you? 


I mean...he is the cutest little thing. He's grown on me I was afraid of him at first plus he smelled. Now he gets baths and eats my oranges. Steve and I have come a long way. 

5. Classrooms have their own distinct smell. My new classroom that I moved into smells like....patchouli musk. There is this musty smell mixed with this man smell that I can't figure out. I have a wax burner with strawberry lemonade wax melts in there but now it just smells like patchouli lemonade musk. I am learning that as hard as you try the classroom smell is here to stay. 

XOXO- Just try your best, do everything you can....The Sunny D







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home