<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Filling Life's Gaps

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Filling Life's Gaps






Sometimes I feel like I have rocks behind my eyes they ache so much. The last few weeks I have been in this new and exciting space in my life. I am learning so much it is literally mind boggling. Things are harder than ever but I have had so much help from my parents and my sister and support from my friends. I have been thinking a lot about the concept of grace lately. I guess to me grace has always meant that if I do my best God will help me make up the rest. I'm sure I have written about this topic already but it is one that I think about a lot. Mostly, because I feel especially in this moment of my life that I need grace more than ever. I see where I am and where I need to go, however I am not sure how it is humanly possible for me to get there on my own. If feels a lot like this picture. 


I must first say thank you to all of the people who have been that rope getting me from point A to point B. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. 

Today at church we sang I Stand all Amazed this line stood out to me, "Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me." It seemed fitting for this last week. It brought up thoughts of this book I read by Sheri Dew called Amazed by Grace and especially this part. It talks about the power we can draw from our Heavenly Father. His power can aid us in anything we need, can fill any gap, can make the wrongs right. I highly recommend this book. I should re-read it. 

Important things I have learned:

When your mind won't rest..... exercise. 

I write these post card notes to my students. I like to tell them how wonderful I think they are. One of my second grade boys walked up to me at the end of the day. He pulled out a nubby  soft edged, wrinkled, dirty postcard I had written to him weeks ago. He said sheepishly, "Ms. Tidwell I pull this note out of my pocket every day on the bus and read it as we ride home." My heart swelled. Who knew? Who knew that a few kind words would mean so much? Then I thought...... do I do that enough. Do I say kind things to people enough? Even little things make a big difference. 

My kids fight with each other in the back seat of my car. After a long day at work its enough to push me over the edge. It turns me from a loving mother and second grade teacher to a bright green, black haired, screeching witch.  I have found a SOLUTION! We have been listening to books on tape on my iphone. It is genius because my kids can add the books to the list of books they are reading in school. They are learning reading fluency, tempo, and expression! AND they are so quiet they listen intently and as soon as we get in the car they can't wait to hear the next part in the story! It's like this scramble to get the app turned on. 

A few books we have enjoyed:

Wonder
The Julian Chapter (separate book after Wonder)
Ella Enchanted

It is the best ten dollars spent a month! Audiobooks have saved my commute. 

XOXO- The Sunny D








3 Comments:

At September 20, 2015 at 6:00 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Love this Dior! Thank you for your thoughts. I've been thinking about Grace and the atonement a lot lately too. So grateful for this blessing in my life. I love the story about the little boy and his post card. So sweet. Good job lady. :)

 
At September 24, 2015 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Things of No Interest said...

The Red Mt. branch of the Mesa library has a TON of books on CD you can checkout and then rip to MP3 format for playback on your devices. My daughter and I listened to the Kane Chronicles on our last drive to San Diego with this and she loved it.

 
At September 26, 2015 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Dior said...

Oh Awesome! I will for sure try that thanks Charles!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home