<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: I Give Up

Saturday, September 26, 2015

I Give Up

My week at a glance


I started a new job this year teaching second grade. My children moved to the school where I teach and it is wonderful. There are so many good things. This week I was so excited because I had parent teacher conferences. I LOVE parent teacher conferences! I love sitting with the parents one-on-one and talking to them about their kids. I really enjoy getting to know them. I also really enjoy it when they bring me Diet Cokes, except no one knows me at the new school so no Diet Cokes. Insert frowny emoji here.

You probably don't know this unless you are a teacher. It takes a lot of preparation to have those conferences. So the week before last I was grading and finalizing grades for report cards. I was testing students and putting portfolios together. I was working a lot of extra hours. I ended up working most of the weekend last weekend organizing everything and getting it just so. I want to be prepared when I meet those parents you know.

I had conferences every morning before school and after school until five. So Monday morning I woke up SUPER early to get dressed, do my hair...no buns this week! I was getting ready to make a protein shake for breakfast when I heard this.........

CRACK, Slush, Slurp...Shlop down the stairs. 
with an OH. CRAP. 

It was one of my children carrying a bowl of VOMIT down the stairs. A bowl of vomit in which he spilled ALL over the first landing. The morning of my first set of parent teacher conferences at a new school.

It was the perfect analogy for my week. 

So I scrambled to get him to my parents house to be watched because I couldn't take the day off, it was CONFERENCE WEEK. Thank goodness for my parents this week! Seriously. They get the SAINT award. The rest of the week went kind of like that. Except for the actual meeting of the parents and teaching and being a Mom of course. It was a lonnnnnnng week. I had already logged 40 hours for the week midway through Thursday.

If I was smart I should have not worried about making dinner and gotten Pei Wei or something. So I could at least have a little fortune cookie good luck. Except I ALWAYS get the cookie that says, "You  will have a lucrative sports career." So then that wouldn't have even cheered me up. Unless, eating a whole bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos over the course of a week counts as a sport. Or maybe kickball...I can play kickball against second graders and win. At least that's a start.


I give up.

XOXO- The Sunny D




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home