<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Rocky Point Spring Break 2018

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Rocky Point Spring Break 2018

One of my true joys in life is sandy beach in Rocky Point. Something about being on that beach calms my soul. It is healing and peaceful and I am grateful it is so close. This is probably my 25th year or more....who knows..... that I have been going down to that beach. I have never had a problem and the people of Rocky Point are humble and kind. It is one of my happy places.

I am not fancy I camp on the beach at Playa Bonita in tents, but there are showers that are pretty nice and bathrooms. You can buy ice on site for your cooler and yes the ice is OK to put in your drinks. I have been drinking it with my Coca Lights for years. One trick I learned when traveling through Asia is if you are nervous about the food drink a Coke first. I have never had trouble with food making me sick while travelling using that little trick. Who am I kidding though...Coke is one of my major food groups.

Those freckles......













Aydan turned 14 over Spring Break. Thanks to Travis for helping me make it fun! He drove all over town finding decorations for me. I mean that is the cutest...ever. We decorated camp, had a doughnut cake, and went to Wrecked at the Reef for dinner followed by churros. Can I just say the churro stand....is amazeballs. Ellie is all wrapped up in the blanket anytime it hits 8:30 that girl is gone. 

I love that I get to be with my friends and my kids get to play with their friends. I love that I get to be with Heather for a chunk of time. It is the best! I also love not cooking for a week and my little heart is as happy as can be with tacos for every meal. 



Running on the beach my fav. 


Sea slugs




What is happening...time just marches on and here I am with these kids that just keep growing. I love them with all my heart. 


No makeup for the week is probably one of my most favorite things or maybe Aydan's 1990's braids. 

T and my Heather

Banana Boat Rides

Outside Pollo Lucas



Mr. Fishy Taco

What trip would be complete without a Rottweiler henna tattoo? I mean.....It's definitely my first choice. Then again.....you could always get forever henna tattooed on your arm. 
Forever. 

Places we like to go:

  • Get Mexican shirts, muumuus, blankets and trinkets on the beach or at Rocky Points own Rodeo Drive.
  • Reggies 8/12 not to be confused with 7/11. The best donuts in town. My favorite is the cinnamon twist.
  • Candy Cake had THE best omelet and fresh squeezed orange juice. Really. Try the Grandma's Omelet.
  • Taco Brissas
  • Of course Pollo Lucas
  • Combo Taco was good....
  • I had my first ever Sonoran Hot Dog and it was GOOD, bacon wrapped, smothered in onions, guac, pico, and cheese. I was afraid....but I was wrong. It was amazing. 
  • Mangoes on the beach
  • My ever fav potato tacos on the beach
  • Coca light...way, way, better than Diet Coke
  • The churro place
  • La Michoacana try the Popsicles and the Limon drink it is SO good! 
Rocky Point has always been good to me and my kiddos. I adore all of the things it represents for me: rest, friends, ocean breezes, salt water, sandy toes, sleep, peace and fun.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home