<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Forty-Two

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Forty-Two

Make a wish.....
I read a meme that the song that was #1 on your fourteenth birthday is the theme for your life. I thought that was so dumb but then of course quickly looked up the most popular song in August 1991. Curiosity always killed this cat. Drum roll please.....the most popular song when I was fourteen was, Bryan Adams, Everything I Do (I Do It for You). 

Then I thought well there's no lover here so...not true. But then I listened to the song. I had to. You know if I apply the lyrics to my children it is true. Everything I do...really is for them. 

I would give it all
I would sacrifice

Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for 
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
You know it's true
Everything I do
I do it for you

So instead of telling you all the things I learned about health, and trying to be a guru when you aren't one, and being tired and then not tired, or teaching, single mothering, churching, coaching, tutoring , being fat and then not fat, this last year I have decided to write a new meme. 

Here is what it says: Whatever the number one song is on your forty-second birthday will be the theme for the second half of your life. 

AND THEN. 

I'm going to write the song. 

Here it goes straight to number one on the charts. Are you ready for the title? 

It's all going to work out and your magically wealthy, pretty and thin, and your house is never dirty and the laundry is always done and put away. You have a cook who makes all of your healthy organic meals, and your skin is clear and your wrinkles are gone. You have adventures and the sun shines on your shoulders but doesn't give you skin cancer. You get to wear workout leggings to work and flip flops. You enjoy concerts and yummy meals laughing with friends. One fate filled night in November whilst running to get a diet coke you meet the love of your life who is perfect for you in every way and he's funny and has smiley eyes and he doesn't ever give you a hard time about the diet coke you love to drink because he sees how happy a simple pop makes you. You go to Bora Bora with your new love and when you come home raise all of your beautiful teenagish children together. You sing and dance in the kitchen and go on lots of fun adventures. Mostly wherever you can find a smokin' flight deal and you just go for fun and meet the people, learn the culture, go to the museums, and eat all the good food. Your children grow up to be happy and find lovely spouses and you are surrounded by grandchildren that you spoil with your love, kisses, hugs, and time. You get to go on a mission to France or maybe Switzerland and you can go to the temple any day you like because you can, it is your number one song. You get to go running, and paddle boarding, and hiking whenever you want to and you can take naps. You always have fresh flowers in your home and yummy candles. You live in a cul-de-sac with all of your friends and have BBQ's and swim parties and all the wives and husbands get a long. You have a big yard but a not too big house and a garden with fresh herbs growing in it and flowers and some chickens and a french bulldog named Rick. 

It's a hit I tell you. Number one. The longest title of a song ever. But hey....it's my number one song. 

XOXO-The Sunny D because wishes can come true. 







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home