<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Sunday Shoes

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Sunday Shoes


Every Sunday I take a picture of my shoes or my kids shoes. Ever since I became a "Mid-Single" adult I have found it difficult to go to church on the Sunday's I don't have my kids. Now. I still go but that does not mean in any way that it is easy for me to do so. It is HARD to be alone in church! Especially when you are surrounded by "perfect" (at least in your mind at that moment) families. 

A few years ago a friend asked me where my feet were on Sunday. Were they in church where they should be? Were they standing in Holy Places?  This began the Sunday Shoe picture taking. I snapped a picture of my shoes and my friend would return a snapshot of their shoes in church and this became a sort of accountability thing for us. All either one of us has to do is text, shoes? Or send a picture of our shoes and they other knows exactly what that means. It means, How ya doin'? Are you in church today? 


If there is a hardwood floor under my feet my friend will say....Oh...I see you were LATE today.

Or Time for a pedicure? 


I am grateful for this little tradition because there have been many Sundays where I thought I was going to throw in the towel and just stay home....but I knew I would be asked and I didn't want to report the fact that I didn't go. 









Sometimes I can't take a picture of my shoes because I have a sleepy head in my lap. 


I just have to say, I love you my friend. You are a real true blue through and through friend! I am so glad we can keep each other accountable. Thank you for helping me get to church. I am happier each week because of it. 


XOXO- The Sunny D....and I just love shoes too. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home