<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: February 2016 Happy Birthday-Goodbye

Sunday, March 6, 2016

February 2016 Happy Birthday-Goodbye



February proved to be an interesting month. A month of celebrations, sickness, family, mourning, and love. February 2016 taught me what was really important in this life. I was reminded of the things I should be working for each day, why I am here, and where I am going. More than anything February made me want to be a better version of me. I have been taking time to reflect on what needs to change and trying my best to focus on those things.

My sweet Ellie turned 9. She is like pure, happy, giggling, childhood sunshine and I love her so much. She informed me the night before her birthday that she wanted to have Einstein bagels for breakfast with strawberry cream cheese. After work, I dropped the kids at home and did my best to surprise her for her birthday. I bought some balloons, the bagels, and a little present. We have a "Birthday Deal" in our house. It was the same birthday deal I had as a child. The child can either have a birthday party and invite friends OR I will give them $100 instead and we will celebrate as a family and then go to whatever store they want to spend their money. She picked the $100. I love when they pick the $100. It feels more special to me to be able to spend the day together. It was a  great day.


Free dinner at Joe's BBQ


Ellie started this amazing running program at the school called Girls on the Run. It's pretty amazing and she has been logging about 1 to 1.25 miles every Tuesday and Thursday at practice. Along with that they teach the girls how to love and take care of their bodies. How to deal with emotions in a healthy way. I love so much that she is learning how strong her body is. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa B who purchased her a new shiny pair of running shoes. I am so proud of her and excited to get to be her running partner in the 5K at the end of the program in April. 


My sweet Grandma Elizabeth Murial Lilas Spence Briggs passed away shortly after Ellie's birthday. Ellie (Elizabeth Rose) is named after this sweet woman who touched my life forever with her love and service. I miss her very much. In fact, this week I opened a cupboard of supplies in my classroom that she had helped me to organize before school started this year and I began to get teary. I quickly wiped my tears away as I had 26 children waiting for me to teach them. Her last few weeks on this earth were a very special and spiritual experience for our family. We all wanted to be near her as much as possible and many nights many of us gathered together to just be with her, sing to her, talk to her, and pray with her. Even when she couldn't talk to us she was surrounded by family and friends. I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ that teaches us that we will all be together again after this life. I know she is busy in heaven working, helping, loving in her kind way. I want to live my life in a way that will help me to qualify to be with her and all of my family for I love them so. So, I have been trying to be a better person each day and the type of Mother she was. I am trying to follow in her example and my Mom's too because she in many ways is just like her. Her funeral was on February 13, 2016. 

Grandma's funeral a horseshoe for Grandpa and a Four leaf clover for my Grandma.


On the way home. 

My cousins and I got together for dinner and games after the funeral. How we love each other, Grandma would have been happy. She would have wanted to come too! 




I am so thankful to my family and friends who were SO kind and SO mindful of me and my family. I am thankful for the well wishes and kind thoughts. I didn't have a chance to thank everyone for their kindnesses but I am so grateful. It really helps you to see how much good there is in the world. It had been a very trying month as my children's Father was traveling and were with me nearly the whole time. My heart was tugging for me to be with my Grandma but also juggle everything else in my life and make up for the time I spent there with her. So thank you your love, notes, kindnesses, treats, flowers and cards were very much appreciated. 

XOXO- The Sunny D...... Friendships, Family relationships, How we treat each other....matters. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home