<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: My Christmas Boyfriend

Sunday, December 6, 2015

My Christmas Boyfriend



I'm not really sure where the weeks are going. They are just gone and I am running at record breaking speed to keep up. I am trying to train for a half marathon...it's going.... very well. I mean if working all the time and running your kids places counts as training and not actually running then I am ahead of the game here.  I know the last post I talked about how thankful I was and that is pretty much obligatory for November, right?

Here is how Thanksgiving morning really started. I signed up for the Mesa Turkey Trot. I met my friend Emilynn there. She actually trained for this race so she was ready. I on the other hand was hoping to finish in one piece. I hadn't had time to run once in weeks. I mean let's just go and run six miles, no problem. So, we hit the honey buckets and then snuck in near the starting line of the race. I had a brand new armband to hold my phone. I noticed everyone around me had these snazzy bluetooth earphones. I've always sort of been behind the times on stuff like that. I plugged my earphones in and began to run. Except, my music wasn't coming through?! I fiddled with my armband a bit to get the music on and right when I hit mile one I realized I had lost my car key somewhere along the race. It had fallen out of my armband. Now I was on a schedule, I only had so much time to run because my family was eating dinner at noon. A detail I had not managed to get until the day before but I figured a plan out. A Thanksgiving Day schedule which put me in near panic attack mode as I had told my friend I would run with her. How had I over scheduled my day off? So when I realized my key had fallen out I had two options.

Option 1: Keep running the race and hope someone turned it in...except that would definitely make me late for Thanksgiving dinner.

Option 2: Re-run mile one until I found the key.

I chose option 2.

I ran mile 1 three and a half times and never found the key. It was at this point I called to my parents crying. I talked to my Mom who talked to my Dad and he was off to my house with the spare house key at their house to get my spare car key at my house. My Dad got the key and drove across town to deliver it to me in record time.

Thanksgiving Day was saved. I realized that I had a lot to be thankful for because my Mom and Dad really help me out of a lot of jams. Even stupid ones where your key falls out of your armband and you only run half the race but are still proud of the four total miles you logged because..hey at least that's something.

I wanted Christmas time to be a special time with my kids. My idea of what Christmas looks like is a lot different these days. I feel happy to get a few presents and bake a batch of cookies. I'm not sending out cards this year and I put up just a few key decorations. Rocky ( Elf on the Shelf) showed up and has managed to change places every night except one. I have the advent calendar up and filled with small treats, presents, activities, and acts of service for all of the days leading to the 24th. It took a good two hours to get that in order. I also have the hot chocolate, cider, and herbal tea station set up. So for my little household things are festive.

As for me I have been filling my lonely nights with Hallmark Channel Christmas romances that make even the most emotionally healthy single woman want a prozac salt lick. I have nearly watched every single one available on Netflix. I'm not sure if that is such a great idea because they make it look all easy finding a man like just live your life and the man of your dreams will show up and make all of your Christmas dreams come true. For the record, that has yet to happen to me. So there's that.  Let me just say it isn't that I don't try. I do. For example, I lived my life this week working and taking care of the children. I was out in the community at my kids Christmas concert this week. I had to work one of the nights and watch my class before and after the show.


See here are my cute kids participating. Now, according to Hallmark I should have bumped into Mr. Perfect backstage as I was ushering my class to sing. Or maybe he would catch me as I was slipping on ice as I walked to my car except I live in Arizona and I am not clumsy. Neither of those things happened. I'm starting to think Hallmark is a hoax.

Or. I was going to go to a singles activity on Friday to see Christmas lights. According to Hallmark that would be a very good place to find your Christmas boyfriend. Except, my children's Father called to tell us he would be out of town until Saturday evening and could I keep the kids. Of course I can keep the kids but there goes my boyfriend plan right out the window. BUT THEN, my Dad texted that his neighborhood was having their Christmas block party and we should come. PERFECT.

According to Hallmark: FAMILY+COMMUNITY ACTIVITY=PERFECT CHRISTMAS BOYFRIEND. I was really happy about the fact that dinner was covered for the kids and a fun, free activity to enjoy. We all had a really fun time and the only available man I saw there was my little brother Steven. Hallmark Christmas Movies Lie.

At least we had a fun week together my children and I.

Here are a few things I want for Christmas besides Hallmark Boyfriend.

1. Blue tooth ear buds
2. Good old black Havaianas...I wore my last pair out


There's still hope, Hallmark Boyfriend where ever you are...I bet you are just a UPS man that is going to show up with these two things. 


XOXO- The Sunny D





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home