<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: There's No Place Like Home

Sunday, January 3, 2016

There's No Place Like Home

The Beehive House-Salt Lake City- Temple Square

It is the Sunday night before going back to work. I am ready to go back. I miss my class and I am grateful for my job. It allows me the wonderful opportunity to have the same schedule as my babes. My children left Christmas Day at 10 am. I was exhausted when they left. I came home and slept for three hours. I then had three whole days to myself at home. I put Christmas away. I cleaned the house up and gave the floor a good scrub. There is one thing I can't stand and that is a dirty floor. Ew. I got things in order had some things repaired around the house and I cleaned out the fridge. I slept and I watched movies. I even went on several dates with a variety of nice men and spent time with my beloved friends. It is nice to get out sometimes. I thought about the year ahead and earmarked somethings that needed change. 

Then I went on a little adventure. 

My friend Tessie and I decided to go to Utah for a few days, we stayed in our darling friends home near Midway. It was COLD.We saw the new Provo Temple which was beautiful. We went to the Norman Rockwell Exhibit at the Museum of Art at BYU. I bought a print I have been wanting for some time but just could not justify the purchase. Luckily, I had some Christmas money and was able to acquire the print, She Will Find What is Lost by Brian Kershisnik. I love art so much and the title of this piece is perfect for the new year ahead. There are so many times I have felt the help of angles earthly and spiritual. I love this so much. I can't wait to get it framed and up in my home. 
 We originally had plans to go to a singles New Years Eve party but as the time to get ready approached we decided it would be more fun to go to dinner in Park City and watch a movie. That may not sound exciting to you but to two busy single Mom's it was just what the doctor ordered. We talked about New Years Eve's past and how we would get ready and head out to a singles party and stay out until four AM. This year would be different and we hoped it would set the tone for the year. A year of balance, self care, and peace. A year of gratitude for the simple things. In fact we enjoyed ourselves so much we repeated the same schedule every night. Redbox was our best ally. It was so cold and sunny!

We met my dear friend for lunch New Years Day at the Sixth and Pine Cafe. There was nothing better to me than to be surrounded by friends talking and laughing. I just wish a few more of my favorites were with us but we have the whole year ahead to create wonderful memories. He gave us the coolest tour of where he was staying and we got a birds eye view of temple square. Isn't it lovely. 
Each night as Tessie and I would drive through the canyon we were in awe of the pioneers who had to cross the mountainous terrain on foot to get to the Utah Valley. We marveled at the feat they accomplished many in the cold snowy winter. It was almost unfathomable. I felt like I was truly suffering in my Uggs, coat, scarf, and long johns! We also talked about how they had to literally climb mountains but our mountains to climb are different. 

It was bitter cold to us desert dwellers with temperatures in the single digits. 
Moulding carving in the Beehive House. 

We enjoyed the City Creek center and Temple Square. We visited the newly remodeled Church History Museum. I give it five stars. They currently have the church's art contest which only happens every three years. The art was magnificent and I marveled at the talents of others. The First Vision movie is awesome. I hope I can take my kids there, maybe in the summertime. We walked through temple square. We toured the Joseph Smith Building and were delighted to spend time with our 86 year old tour guide who was spry, gracious, funny and kind. We then met several sets of sister missionaries in the Beehive House and had a wonderful tour of it. We then went to the Lion House and had a little snack. We had been to the Swiss village Midway earlier in the day and had a late breakfast. I had never been to Midway! What a darling town, I think everyone should go. 

There are a few things that delight my soul like nothing else: Art, Music, Historical Sites and Museums. I love it. These are a few of my favorite things. It was a wonderful trip as I think of all the fun things we were able to see and do. There is something else I love. I love coming home. I think this may be the best thing about leaving, the coming home. My bed, my bathroom, the food I like to eat, THE TEMPERATURE. Since I was childless it was a GRAND way to start the new year. Here's to  more adventure in 2016! 

XOXO- Make your life happy and you will be happy too. The Sunny D. 

1 Comments:

At January 4, 2016 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Mom said...

Love you two girls so much. What different challenges each of us have, yet we have each other! I changed Tessie's diapers, and now she's such a beautiful young woman and mom. You are the BEST of women and deserve everything and more that I'm sure your Heavenly Father has set aside for just you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home