<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: If Mama Ain't Happy........

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

If Mama Ain't Happy........

Ten minutes to get ready for church....no problem......left over make-up from date the night before...check. I know that is gross and I promise I washed my face.

Bring it 2016

This year has brought many welcome changes. I started a new job and my children are able to come to school with me. This has all sorts of advantages and disadvantages. The advantages are I am becoming more of the Mom I always hoped I would be. I am able to hold my children's hands as they walk to class. Something I think they always needed but I couldn't do working at a different school. Maybe it is really something I always needed. I can peek at them during recess, sneak them a little star burst treat at lunch..hug them in the hallway... things Moms do. I am able to help them with their homework every day and I feel like I am hands on and involved in their education. It is the most wonderful thing. My love for them grows exponentially. 

A disadvantage is......starting a new job and wanting to do well along with helping my children to be successful has taken its toll on the Momma. Momma is tired. I am tired. I have also re-picked up some not so great habits that have not served me well. It is time for a change. A great time to look at life and make some new goals is the beginning of every year. I think those New Year, New Me slogans are dumb. Instead I am looking to do some refining.

Refinement

Balance. I need more balance. I need to take time for self care, exercise, and emotional support. Physical and Emotional Balance are two areas that are off kilter and I have made it a goal to spend a little more time on me and less time worrying or feeling guilty about it. The truth is when I am exhausted and I help everyone else get what they need but neglect myself it leads to me being miserable. If I am miserable chances are everyone in my house is too. That will change. I think 2016 will be a great year. 

XOXO- The Sunny D 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home