<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: The Bridge

Sunday, April 22, 2018

The Bridge

This is my bridge. 

It has held me up on walks that were laced with fickle fingered lies. 

It has stood tall and strong as I passed through rain drenched walkways.

I have stood on this bridge in dreams. 

I have crossed this bridge hundreds of times. 

I stand on the bridge and watch the cars race by and I think. I breathe. I stand still. I listen to books or music or talks or nothing. 

I wonder where all the people are going, what are they thinking? 

The past dances past my minds eye,

The present taking a pulse of my beating heart, 

The future full of questions. 

But the bridge will be here. I really like my bridge. 

Tonight I walked home from the bridge. The warmth of the setting sun on my face. The breeze gentle on my skin. I thought of President Nelsons talk from conference. There was a piece that struck a chord with me. He talked about when his wife died and that he felt he would never love or be happy again. He talked about Christ's resurrection and how it gave him hope that love could be resurrected again. I'm pretty sure he said it way better than I am. I have often wondered the same thing. Can love be resurrected again? Even for me? Is that possible? Can I get out of the way? 

I also thought about the looming walk out this week in education. I will say this as a committed educator walking out is the last thing I want to do. I don't think any of us would be doing this if it was not a last resort. I have high hope in our government and educators coming together peacefully for a resolution. I hope it happens soon. What I hope everyone knows about this is that it is not about a raise only. Does Arizona have a dismal pay scale for teachers? Yes. However, worse is what has happened in the funding of classrooms. 1.1 Billion dollars have been cut from Arizona students each year and after ten years of it being swept under the rug enough is enough. Do I think this is the best way? Does it matter now? This is the way it has gone. I am an educator and I am standing up for education. 

And so. This week I may find myself wandering to my bridge. To think, to watch, to listen. 

XOXO- The Sunny D




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home