<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Dog Days of Summer

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Dog Days of Summer


My Mom just found this picture. I am six years old to my right is my cousin Ryan and next to him the girl in the polka dotted shirt I can't quite identify? The baby is my cousin Kyle and we are all standing in the back of my Grandpa's trailer. It is in his garage at the house on Miller. I can see the handle bar of my tricycle at the bottom of the picture. It was red and boy I would ride that thing around the block as fast as my little legs could carry me. 

My childhood was magical. It was filled with cousins, swimming, sleepovers, and popsicles. It was blonde, blonde, hair that turned green from the pool and boredom. It was perfect. I wish for the simplicity of those days. 

This week felt like summer. Aydan was at football camp and then high adventure with the scouts. Ellie and I watched Netflix and swam at a friends in a pool full of kids squirting each other in the face with squeals of delight. It was kids making new friends and that made this Mom heart of mine smile. It was cleaning and errands in the mornings and naps in the afternoon. It was falling asleep babysitting with my newborn niece in my arms.  It was a perfect week. 

I am gobbling up books. One of my favorite pastimes and a luxury I don't often get but am savoring every delicious second of reading. 

It is so hot in Gilbert Arizona I often find myself feeling a bit listless and lacking energy due to the humidity. Even that is a welcome change and the opportunity to just rest. 

I lay in my bed last night and my house was full and so was my heart. My children were home, we had ordered a pizza, and watched a movie on the couch together. I thought as I lay there that my heart might just burst with love for these two children who I adore. I love them so much. They truly are my treasure. 

Tonight we went to my Mom's who is just a gem. She has been working so hard this week cleaning, the never ending tasks that we all have. We were looking through old papers and photos. My Dad grilled brontosaurus ribs outside. (Not really but they were seriously huge that my Mom kept calling them that and I thought it was funny) We had a perfect summer dinner and dessert. I then met with my friends and we went to listen to a speaker who talked about the Lord's timing. It was just what I needed to hear. I loved it and I loved seeing my dear friends. 

I wish everyday could feel like summer. Simple. Happy. Sunny. 

And that is my thought...How do I make the school year feel like this? How do I take away the pressure and feel the peace and rest? 

XOXO- The Sunny D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home