<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Vulnerability Hangover

Monday, July 30, 2018

Vulnerability Hangover




I have spent five days in Texas doing some intense work and personal growth. You know it is tricky to look inside yourself and also be called on the carpet at times. We were supposed to have roommates and I didn't have one which for my personality is actually perfect. I love alone time! However, the first night that we finished classes and I returned to my room I just sat on my bed and cried and cried. I was so overwhelmed and I was SO tired and I was so so alone. 

BUT. 

Over the next few days I learned to trust others. I opened up my heart. I made friends. I tried to hide my insecurities but they were found out pretty quickly. I listened and learned and practiced good communication habits. I came home with a tool box of strategies to use in my life. I learned that I was so loved and felt so so much love. I let myself have fun, real, stretching out of the comfort zone fun. I worked hard and I came home a better version of me with a vision and goals for the future. 

The program I have just completed is called CHOICES and if you are interested in learning who you are and being SURE of who you are and working out your purpose send me a message and I will point you in the right direction. I am so glad I went. It was exactly what I needed at this point in my life. 

Today my daughter and I did the usual things laundry, grocery shopping, errand running...but I used my tools and we danced in the car to my song. A song given to me to help me along the way. I took a nap because I didn't get back into town until 2 AM. My daughter came in and whispered in my ear...Mom it's 3:30. I had been napping for an hour and I knew she just wanted to spend time with me, she wanted to know if I cared about her. I just had what I like to call a vulnerability hangover from the last five days of work I had done (ha).  We went swimming at my parents house. I picked up my son and the three of us came home and I used a tool to help evaluate our relationship. They felt loved, I felt loved. We set some goals to show each other that we cared about each other. It was lovely. 
My sweet girl

My darling boy.


I feel whole and for the first time in a really long time I can say that I love myself, flaws brokenness, imperfections and all. 

Thank you CHOICES.........XOXO The Sunny D






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home