<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Procuring Peace

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Procuring Peace

Enjoying Picture Day at school since 1981. 

I wrote a whole blog with this same title and same picture. Sometimes the thoughts I have in my mind are important but I think maybe they are important for ME. So, possibly one day when my children IF they care to..read my stories there will be a slew of unpublished ones because sometimes I just have to write. When I write, I write to promote peace. Peace in my life, mind, and heart. 

This week was much different than last week. This week I focused on peace and rest. There had been a lot of outside stressors pulling at me. A friend sent me this quote and I have tried to honor it because it was exactly what I needed to hear on Monday. 

And every day,
the world will drag you
by the hand, yelling, 
"This is important!
You need to worry about this
And this! And this!"
And each day, it is up to you 
to yank your hand back, 
put it on your heart and say, 
"No. This is what's important." 

---Iain Thomas

She said, when you need to put your hand on your heart to remind you of that because you are pulled in so many directions. 

So this week, I put my hand on my heart and here's what it looked like. 

1. It is going for a run and dancing down the street to the music not caring who is watching and then running through the sprinklers home. Let out the inner five year old in her tutu! 
2. It is drinking half your body weight in water. 
3. It is going to bed at 7:30 two nights in a row because you are trying to get rid of a horrid head cold. 
4. It is a massage with MaryAnn---Who is the best and works out of the cutest little studio you ever did see. I love her and if you need a massage her number is #602-743-4263. Her massage studio is off of Gilbert road in Chandler. 
5. It is practicing gratitude! It is noticing all the little things that are beautiful and amazing in your life as I took notice my heart was just filled this week with love, and joy, and the purest happiness. 
6. Tell the people you love that you love them. 
7. Eat veggies...next weeks goal...veggies at every meal...green leafy veggies. 
8. It is reading and listening to uplifting books/scriptures/podcasts/music and feeding your heart, mind, and spirit. 


It was a huge change from the week before. This next week I have five am wake ups again but I am prepared. This week I get to see the dawn of 41. Forty one. I can say that I know what peace feels like and I am procuring it daily. 

XOXO-May you be at peace with your life and choices and know who you are. The Sunny D. 

Post Script:
A few things I love, love, loved.....I love a good romance...and here are a few I think everyone should indulge in.

Crazy Rich Asians in movie theaters now...MELT my Heart and the soundtrack....amazing.

To All the Boys I've Loved Before.....on Netflix.....ENJOY! 






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home