<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Ralph, Cinderella, and Rotisserie Chickens

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Ralph, Cinderella, and Rotisserie Chickens



Early Saturday morning at the San Tan Mountains getting ready for a trail run. I woke up to rain pounding on the roof of my house. It was a morning I relished, the kind that is good for staying in bed. The kind of morning that you find yourself in and out of slumber waking up when you are ready and making pancakes when you finally do.

Except, it was just me and there were no children to make pancakes for. (SAD DAY)

 Do you know those mornings? I feel like those mornings always fall during the work week but not this Saturday morning. This Saturday morning I was home.

Except, I had committed late the night before to a run in the mountains. Something else I relished just not in the rain. Rain is for snuggling in bed.

I text my friend..are you SURE we are still running?? The reply, yeah dude unless its pouring we are going. OK, I said and hopped out of bed for a quick wake up shower and strapped on my running shoes.

My friend Laura got to my house and it was raining...we got in the car...and drove out to the San Tan's...it was pouring and I was like we could TOTALLY just go get breakfast somewhere. She reassured me if it was horrible when we got there we could leave.

Except, look at that sky. It was lovely. Plus, I felt this awe in my heart for this weather and the morning and the fact that I knew my body could move and handle this run. That is a pretty good feeling. It is one of my goals...love myself with outward expressions for an inward commitment. Trail running to me is an outward expression that I love my body and the amazing things it can do.

We met this amazing team of athletes that I am just in awe of..Laura included. These people are exercise beasts who eat suffering for breakfast. I'm like Ralph in the Simpson's with this group allowed to participate but....gluing my ear to my shoulder. It's ok though...I can hang.



The five mile loop was lovely and as the morning progressed so did the rain. We ended the run soaked and cold but SO ALIVE and happy. What a joy filled morning that was. I have noticed that when I spend time outdoors exercising the tension just melts away. 

I pretty much just feel super lucky that I get to be outside with friends. To me that is a little slice of Heaven. 

And I learned something...I hope one day I find a nice guy who will trail run with me and when I am tired get a Grimaldi's pizza to eat and watch a Disney movie on our bed. #relationshipgoals

I find myself back to work this week and just relishing the break we had. I have not felt happier or more rested in so long. I showed up on Monday and felt like the mice were making me a dress to wear and the birds were singing and could land on my finger at any second for me to sing to them. I am not kidding. That is how great I felt. 

Except, now it is Tuesday night and I feel as if I have been hit in the head with a pan...like in Tangled and I feel tired. How can that be already? I think it is my giant work to do list and looming observation. One thing at a time and I need to remember to sprinkle in some fun. 


Then there was this...possibly the best meme of the week. I sent it to my friends and the thread was so funny. We all agreed that if a handsome guy showed up with a rotisserie chicken we would marry him. Not only is he taking us to dinner he is also providing dinner for another night. WINNING. I tell you. 

May the rain dust your shoulders and the sun shine on your cheeks but not give you skin cancer. XOXO- The Sunny D 













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home