<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: The Tile is Cold

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

The Tile is Cold


I went running today at 4:31.

I felt like I was standing on the surface of the sun. It is only 103 degrees I told myself. I have this rule that if it is over 100, I don't run outside. What's three degrees? Let me tell you.

Feelings from cross country came back to me today as I ran. It was normal for us to have practice starting at 3:30 in the afternoon. I am not quite sure how I was able to stand the heat everyday back then.  The gift of youth I guess. As I settled into my run I remembered that heat has a smell and a taste and no it wasn't wafting from my armpits. Instead, it is like the taste of melting concrete. It is dusty and minerally. It smells that way too. Maybe it is the heat of the asphalt.....melting. Maybe this is what Hell smells like.

It was brutal and as I ran I had to set small goals..run to the weed, to the tree, the crack in the concrete...and so on.  Sometimes, life is kind of like that small chunks...line upon line, precept upon precept. I also had a reminder that I was loved. I LOVE seeing reminders that I am loved. A big fat XO.

Do you see it? X....O....

Isn't that amazing? Love is everywhere. 

XOXO-The Sunny D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home