<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: I am Falling Behind...What is New.... Gratitude Days 6 and 7

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

I am Falling Behind...What is New.... Gratitude Days 6 and 7

At the Voting Polls they ran out of stickers and I was sad. Why is that sticker a badge of honor? I'm not sure but I love getting one after I vote.  This picture didn't make it onto social media because we couldn't see, the sun was in our eyes, and my hair was covering Ellie but I like it so here it is. 

Gratitude Days 11-6/7-18

I was in a situation yesterday where many stressors were piled on me all at once. My home life and professional life collided and from with in the depths of my belly I had to pull out all professionalism and march forward. It was a bombardment, a hot fiery trial of personal strength. 

I am also battling some bug, sinuses, chest, and fluid in my ears and so the test was also physical. I was also tested to be grateful to show gratitude in a time when I wondered if there was any but, there is always something to be grateful for. So when my tutor students left and my room was quiet I knelt down on the ground at my teacher chair and asked for help and strength. I made it through the morning, lost my appetite, and at lunch sat at my desk and cried. It was more of a release of all the pent up anxiety bubbling and tightening in my shoulders and at the temples of my head. Plus, I thought...Dior you have been through so many worse things than this. You've got this. 

I had my yearly review yesterday I think it went well and I can say that I love my class. There is a point in the year that your heart turns. You will always love last years class but your teacher heart turns to full love for the class you have in front of you and I felt that today. I love that feeling. It is like the smile your heart makes for the children you see each day. 

Now to get to it..

Ten items of gratitude for days 6 and 7 of November.

I am grateful for Jessica who cut and colored my hair. I went from looking like a little brown mouse to me. She is the best. 

I am grateful for Boca Tacos...and their happy hour menu which I fed my children for under $15 and there are left overs. It is from 2pm-6pm and can't be beat. Especially when you are a tired Momma.

I am grateful for the Father and Step-Mother of my children and the help and guidance they offer them. I am grateful to co-parent with them. 

I am grateful that I live in this amazing country and it is not lost on me that to be a woman in this country at this time makes me one of the luckiest women in the world. I can vote, I can choose what I want to do EACH and every day, I can work and provide for my children and I, I am educated, I get to do what I want to do. That is really something to be grateful for. 

I am grateful that I have the gift and opportunity to vote. My voice is heard and that is such a gift. I am a woman, I have a voice, and I will use it. 

I am grateful that after all was done today and I arrived home I crashed literally on my bed for an hour of solid sleep. Exhaustion had caught up with me. 

I am grateful that I am at this moment nearly caught up at work. Nearly. There has been a lot on my professional plate the last two weeks. I am hoping to get everything finished before this weekend so I can enjoy the three days. There is regular weekly grading, plus monthly testing to grade and input the data, my annual review which requires three write ups and a lesson observation, a field trip to gather all of the slips, chaperones, and lunches for the Cafeteria, and report cards to settle up and data to be calculated, evaluated, and entered by the end of work day Friday. So with all of that, I am grateful that at this moment I am sitting right where I need to be in finishing these tasks. 

I am grateful that yesterday is over. 

I am grateful that at the end of each day with my children sitting around me we can talk and pile on my bed, read scriptures, and say family prayers. My children are my treasure and the very best thing that have been gifted to me in my life. I hope I am worthy of the task of being their Mom. 

I am thankful for our school lunch lady...her son is in wrestling and literally the only reason I know what is going on at all at school with Aydan and that sport. She is the best. 


XOXO-You Can Do It....The Sunny D





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home