<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: A Five Star Day 11-12-18

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

A Five Star Day 11-12-18

I love making wishes. Make a wish!

Today was a five star day. 

I am grateful for good friends that wake up early to hike. I love the beautiful desert and walking and talking as the sun travels across the morning sky. 

I am grateful for a son who runs errands with me happily and cleaned the garage for me. I love helpers. My sweet Red Baron. 

I love the movies and I watched Emma and Jane yesterday at Superstition Springs. My heart was full of love and gratitude and I was reminded that the Lord never forgets us. I was reminded that friends come to our aid and we come to theirs. This has happened over and over and over again in my life. It was a sweet reminder. As I watched with my son and my dear friend J. 

I am thankful with a full heart for dear friends. They mean the world to me and they know who they are. The friends who you can be REAL with. Who you can share anything with, what a gift. They are the people who become family. 

I have had this seizing up of my neck lately. I think it could be stress related..pretty sure. So, I scheduled a massage with Maryann. Who is wonderful and if you want her info I will gladly pass it along. I feel so much better. 



A Life Lesson to Share:

I love Oprah's quote. "When people tell you who they are, believe them." It is SO true. This is a lesson I have learned with age. My friend and I talked a lot about this quote on our hike and how many hard lessons we had learned from it.

 As a person who really truly tries to turn everything into a positive or see the positive of situations I have learned a bit about personal boundaries. I think the fault of the teacher is to overlook things and only see the positives. My friend Laura and I were talking about this the other day. As teachers that is a HUGE part of our jobs identifying strengths and improving weaknesses. However, this skill of seeing only the positives doesn't always translate well to real life. 

If someone is showing you their true character and it is negative or has a negative impact on you. Or if they suck all of the life and energy out of you, you have the right to move on. When someone shows you who they are BELIEVE them. Sometimes moving forward is the best and only way. I guess the key is discerning the difference. 

 A five star day equals the good life. XOXO- The Sunny D





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home